New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Haha! I like seeing guys being flagged at the barrier. Too much HP, too little IQ. Fail!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm dreaming of importing a 2.7L VVT-i Innova. Although the IMV series all share the same top speed limiter (190km/h), that's gonna be pulling harder than any other MPV here. I'm guessing that even the 2.7L Fort will get smoked! 9-sec 0-100km/h mom car. Haha!
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; June 22nd, 2009 at 08:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Haha! I like seeing guys being flagged at the barrier. Too much HP, too little IQ. Fail!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm dreaming of importing a 2.7L VVT-i Innova. Although the IMV series all share the same top speed limiter (190km/h), that's gonna be pulling harder than any other MPV here. I'm guessing that even the 2.7L Fort will get smoked! 9-sec 0-100km/h mom car. Haha!
    Another thing is you get caught with your pants down (you see the speed tracker Innova and don't have time to slow down) then just take the next "non-major" exit and do another route and/or re-enter the expressway or just get a bite or something at the service area.

Speaking of adding power to the Innova, the Unichip figures look good on the D4D; havent seen the figures for the 2.7 or 2.0 vvti gas engines though. That should be good for more mid-range and high end.

100kph * 3K rpm

hehe kasama si preggy misis at bago pa kasi kaya kinakapa pa, malakas din sa gas pag asa 100kph ako

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Update on speed traps!

The radar trap Innova moved from the Tabang flyover to a maintenance structure just before the Petron Bocaue (southbound of course). The radar Innova is parked past the structure so it can't be seen from afar. They regularly move the trap, so don't go faster than 110km/h from Sta. Rita to Bocaue.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I did 180km/h with A/C on yesterday when I was northbound. It was the first time I did that. I usually turn the A/C off before flat-out runs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Kelan lang po...
    J, 2.0 gas, M/T
    160km/h, somewhere! 5000rpm...ang ingay!

160/90 yata blood pressure ko...hehehe:D
    same din po pero i think kaya pa ng konti.

hehe, burn burn burn.. (tires, gas, pocket) hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Burn some more:evil:! Happy to have done 185km/h without draft but ran out of road... New Vios with "porma" thing tailed me from 2nd and 3rd gear, at 4th gear he bit the dust. At 5th gear, he was about 8 car-lengths away. Not bad for a mom car.

ps I never save gas at any speed! I dunno why...cruising at low speeds doesn't help either...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    75% of taxi's here in Ho Chi Minh are the Innova J VVTI. Napansin ko lang lahat ng drivers are running at low RPM, imagine naka 4th gear na sila at just 1000 RPM. Yong mga drivers bibihira lumalampas ng 1500 RPM. Kahit na nanginginig yong Innova at 4th gear at the speed of, 30kph sige pa din sila sa pagtakbo.
    With that style of driving feeling ko maganda FC nila. Yon nga lang pag tumagal-tagal siguro dami na rattle sa loob ng cabin, at baka mapapadalas sila sa pagpalit ng engine support.
    Alang pakialam mga drivers dito kahit nanginginig na ang makina dahil nasa high gear pero low speed naman sila. Nakakakiliti sa katawan tuloy sumakay sa mga taxi dito, hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^Now that's a curious story...why the heck did they get the VVT-i when the D4D works much better with their driving?!? What a mystery...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    140Kph lang ako. Masyadong maingay yung D4d, hehe. And I want my poor engine to last longer.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Top Speed