New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    160kph, coastal road-'05E diesel M/T

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    We did a 160 kph sa SCTEX three weeks ago para masubukan nga ang speed ng Innova G vvti namin. But then crosswinds in the place are prevalent at any time dahil sa mga mountains / valleys along sides of the road. Medyo nakakatakot kung isasagad mo pa ang speed a little bit further.

Passengers: 4
    Gas: Shell unleaded
    tire pressure: 32 psi

at any cruising mode na nasa 80-120 kph, all i can say is , very smooth ang Innova dahil napakaganda ng daan sa SCTEX.
    Bihira lang po ang mga cars travelling that place and it is a good testing ground for Innova Top Speed. Try po ninyo dun besides the beautiful sceneries na makikita ninyo from Clark all to the way to Subic.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Xt7 View Post
    ganda naman ng stolen pic ni vinj. ano camera gamit mo??
    mostly topspeed ng innova 160. pati kapitbahay namin 160 lang din. sobra ingay na daw makina..
    Thanks. That was on the SCTEX Zamba/Bataan bound lane one fine Sat. AM; my wife took it with our dying Canon 350D (using a 28-105 lens). That was the speed already slowing down as the camera was on it's manual setting so she had to adjust the exposure to get the shot.

On a side note: I used up almost 1/4 of my fuel in that run from Pampanga to the Dinalupihan exit of SCTEX (i left Manila with a full tank, drove NLEX lightly, entered SCTEX with my fuel pointed still at F, exited SCTEX at Dinalupihan with my fuel gauge near 3/4). The Innova can really gurgle it down if driven WOT (even if its a diesel). But at the end of the trip and with some city driving involved, i still managed to get around 14++ km/L.

On the tire pressure, i noticed the ride comfort changed considerably between 33psi and 34psi (cold) with the stock Yokohoma Tires thats why i keep it at 33psi.

160 isn't bad... and after you hit it you then start to switch to fuel eco mode .

If you're looking for a good reason to drive on SCTEX before fuel prices goes up higher, try visiting Mt. Samat in Bataan if you (or your family) have not done so. It's a good reminder for everyone. Just make sure your tires and belts are in good condition if you plan to do any high speed runs.

Shot courtesy of Bluestar of nissanbayan

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ~innova '08 G AT d4d

180kph * sctex....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I did a short 180KPH on Innova 2.0 vvti LPG fueled on NLEX. Just testing the power of SGI LPG on open road.

Innova G M/T 2.0 VVTi
    Model 2007 acquired 4Q 2006
    LPG mode, RP Fully synthetic oil, IKH22 iridium plug.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Has anyone else hit the rev limiter? I hit it once while trailing an FD Civic.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Only 122kph just recently at South tollway northbound. Revving at 4k. Clear weather. Just want to clear past all vehicles including some Innovas too . Hindi ko na pinatagal, dinadaga na dibdib ko eh, he he he.
    Innova J VVTi M/T 2005 Odo 26k stock tires F33psi R36psi pax5 incl me.
    Last edited by leinahtan; June 15th, 2009 at 07:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    2005 innova G vvti a/t
    30 psi all tires
    6 passengers with the trunk full of baggages
    100-120kmh sa sctex/nlex. law abiding hehehe, cruising mode lang (up to 130kmh occassionally pag nabo-bored sa cruise mode)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Haha, speaking of the law, I saw the radar boys' Innova parked under a tree just before the new Shell past Sta. Rita southbound. Good thing I was driving at just around 100km/h. I was expecting them to be somewhere past Sta. Rita. Better watch out people!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Haha, speaking of the law, I saw the radar boys' Innova parked under a tree just before the new Shell past Sta. Rita southbound. Good thing I was driving at just around 100km/h. I was expecting them to be somewhere past Sta. Rita. Better watch out people!
    Same here. Saw that also yesterday. They moved positions already as this spot is on a blind crest where the road curves as well. I always slow down whenever i can't see ahead so i went down from 125-130 to 110kph, the CR-V who was running hard behind me didnt and was flagged down at the toll plaza.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Toyota Innova Top Speed