New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1510 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 1410146015001506150715081509151015111512151315141520 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,100 of 15330
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    milyon milyon yan clutch fan sa mundo o sa pinas, kahit by experience matututunan mo yan,
    such optimism!
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    I have the 2017 1GD with a viscous fan clutch, baka iba talaga design ng Fortuner compared sa Innova. I like the electric fans better kasi mas madali i-DIY, and not as noisy sa mga engine-driven fans. Not sure which one is more efficient though :D

one sign din yan of overfilled silicon oil overtime mawawala rin pero currently it's adding unnecessary stress to the engine starting at that rpm kasi dapat disengaged na yan at that speed.
    from observation halos lahat if not all modern i'm not sure what "n"th generation diesel engines from the Japanese brands still use a viscous fan driven by the crank. ang nakikita ko na diesel using an electric fan for the radiator ay from europe brands and hyundai. popular diy lately nga na i convert yung viscous fan to electric to free the engine from some parasitic losses.

as for electronically controlled actuation ng viscous fan i'm still not sure. yung wire plug na nakikita malapit sa clutch fan maybe just a simple fan speed sensor.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jovz View Post
    mas tama po ba na 2 18ml lang po ang dapat na ilagay sa clutch fan, pano po kaya sir ginawa niyo na procedure po? parang tatanggalin po ang laman tapos add na lang po ba ng bago silicon oil
    Really depends on the size of the fan clutch. The correct level is when no oil is visible on the shear plates, there should only be oil in the reservoir, which is the same scenario when engine doesn't need cooling or when you rev the engine high. All oil is contained in the reservoir thus disengaging the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hindi mahirap magkamali, kapag hindi nag-aral.
    yong iba kasing mekaniko kahit mga aircon technicians I've talked to, they will tell you your fan is not engaging. of course it should be the case if the temp around the engine is still low. they want the fan to engage para daw lumamig yong AC. given na man yon, but should be under the correct conditions. and that correct conditions ang wla sa utak ng mga incompetent mechs / AC techs.

Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    from observation halos lahat if not all modern i'm not sure what "n"th generation diesel engines from the Japanese brands still use a viscous fan driven by the crank. ang nakikita ko na diesel using an electric fan for the radiator ay from europe brands and hyundai. popular diy lately nga na i convert yung viscous fan to electric to free the engine from some parasitic losses.

as for electronically controlled actuation ng viscous fan i'm still not sure. yung wire plug na nakikita malapit sa clutch fan maybe just a simple fan speed sensor.
    i think so, too. self-contained and works on their own. hirap lng talaga sa pag service/repair compared to electric fans.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    ..and he's finally out! the 2023 model, FWD, hybrid, no diesel, no manual transmission. What's your take?

viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-553.jpg
    viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-591.jpg
    viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-630.jpg
    viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-503.jpg

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2.0L (NA) hybrid ba? Masyado naman mahina kung lower than that displacement unless turbocharged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    2.0L (NA) hybrid ba? Masyado naman mahina kung lower than that displacement unless turbocharged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it's a 2.0L gas engine.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann-O View Post
    ..and he's finally out! the 2023 model, FWD, hybrid, no diesel, no manual transmission. What's your take?

viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-553.jpg
    viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-591.jpg
    viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-630.jpg
    viber_image_2022-11-22_11-05-37-503.jpg
    FWD, A/T only walang problem I think tatangkilikin pa din ang innova.

ang question for me would be the price. i sure this will be now cross shopped with diesel PPV based suvs. im not sure whether most of us would prefer the ruggedness of PPVs or the comfort of the new innova. wala ako masabi sa hybrid because i suspect the vast majority will consider the hybrid primarily because of tye fuel savings and only time can provide us that data. bonus na lang yung tahimik refinement. i also hope malakas humatak di nalalayo sa 2.8 1gd-ftv nung out going model

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    A few thoughts i had with the launch of the new Innova

I get that it is now fwd, 2.0gas or hybrid. But we are used to the Innova on the ladderframe IMV chassis shared with the Fortuner and Hilux. What I am curious about is about news/leaks about next generation Hilux and/or Fortuner. Surely they will still be ladderframe or will Toyota completely axe the IMV development?

Because for markets like the PH, theoretically, they could launch the new gen hybrid Innova as the Innova Hybrid or Innova Zenix while retaining a diesel Innova on the same IMV olatform or whatever the Hilux will be using because surely that will still have a diesel at least and won't be fwd.

So the Innova 'could' go the way of the Avanza and the Veloz. But the non hybrid Innova will be mainly for utility/practicality by my guess.

Just a thought.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    A few thoughts i had with the launch of the new Innova

I get that it is now fwd, 2.0gas or hybrid. But we are used to the Innova on the ladderframe IMV chassis shared with the Fortuner and Hilux. What I am curious about is about news/leaks about next generation Hilux and/or Fortuner. Surely they will still be ladderframe or will Toyota completely axe the IMV development?

Because for markets like the PH, theoretically, they could launch the new gen hybrid Innova as the Innova Hybrid or Innova Zenix while retaining a diesel Innova on the same IMV olatform or whatever the Hilux will be using because surely that will still have a diesel at least and won't be fwd.

So the Innova 'could' go the way of the Avanza and the Veloz. But the non hybrid Innova will be mainly for utility/practicality by my guess.

Just a thought.
    i agree. not all would be willing to pony up for a top of the line hybrid all singing and all dancing innova. a good majority would gladly trade some features for a good chunk of savings.

just as an aside when my wife and i were looking to replace her daily drive na montero 2nd gen. shortlist namin ang innova. we bought a sedan instead because of comfort anf ease of driving but biggest take away was the suspension medyo a little too harsh pa din to our liking yung innova.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i agree. not all would be willing to pony up for a top of the line hybrid all singing and all dancing innova. a good majority would gladly trade some features for a good chunk of savings.

just as an aside when my wife and i were looking to replace her daily drive na montero 2nd gen. shortlist namin ang innova. we bought a sedan instead because of comfort anf ease of driving but biggest take away was the suspension medyo a little too harsh pa din to our liking yung innova.
    i agree.
    TOTL is for those who have the proverbial money to burn.
    for the majority of buyers, "there are cheaper choices", including slightly pre-owned TOTLs.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]