New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Im very tempted to buy this SUV from japan. But i want to hear some feedbacks. re: pros and cons. What exactly is their year model in Japan as they're advertised as year '98-2000.
    thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    just be careful, my friend bought one, used it for the campaign period. the engine cracked last month.

that's the risk of buying surplus/converted units, pa-tsamba tsamba ang quality

andy

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    goodsamaritan -- i had a friend who drives a converted toyota surf from japan and he is has complaints on the clutch and transmission.

ingat ka lang if you buy one. make sure you check it well

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if u want, you can find an orig LHD 4runner sold by expats, its a bit more expensive though but less the headache

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pero most likely, yung mga surf ng expat, gasolina yan sakit nanaman sa bulsa

andy

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    thanks bros. for your inputs. crystal clear ideas!!!

OT:
    btw, andy, i'm also from gensan but moved to manila 21 yrs ago. but my family still stays there. just visited gensan this summer stayed at Kalsangi for 10 days. Oh, the Tuna, yummy!!! Sarap talaga sa Gensan pare!!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i went to school in Kalsangi nung gradeschool ako. are your parents from Dole?

andy

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Mine is also a Japan import RHD, mas sigurado ka sa hindi converted. Kung gas naman, get the 2.7L 4cyl. like what I have, di gaanong malakas sa gas (22-24 mi/gal.)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    luckytruck: it's my sis and family who are with Dole. We used to have "mix" business with Dole tho... very good "international"school in there, it's very evident with the way you "talk" bro... pasensya na O.T. na ko.

btw, I'm buying a Vitara bro this weekend, God willing, yung semi setup i (ferdy4x4) mentioned in the other board... but Hilux surf is not yet out of my list. gusto ko yung porma. how's your plan to buy (a) vitara? may nakita ka na ba?

the josh: got a nice truck bro. RHD yata sa inyo dyan sa Auckland. Swerte mo bro. kami convert pa. sad to say, hindi namin kaya big displacement for daily driving here in manila > traffic plus the sky rocketing gas price. masakit sa bulsa. so, diesel talaga if ever i find a good one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Hilux Surf