New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i got several friends selling their troopers/FM to buy fortuners... they were quite dismayed with the quality of the ride... the guys sold their fortuners one after another and settled back to troopers/FM.... i'm just wondering what more can u expect to those fortuners who changed their stock mags to 18-22 inch bling-blings... =)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just rode the Innova last night, and my bro rode the Innova and Fortuner back to back.

If you compare these cars to AUVs, the ride is really much better controlled, but definitely on the stiff side. My brother says he doesn't like it, but I tend to disagree... I'd rather have a stiff but well-damped car, as it tends to even out imperfections at high speeds, even though it feels rough on slow roads. Plus they don't wallow as much as your standard SUV.

Still, surprising for cars with coil springs and "lobo" tires.

But then, I'm biased. My daily ride is quite stiff, too, for the same reasons. I prefer controlled high speed damping and low body roll to a pillowy ride.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    If you compare these cars to AUVs, the ride is really much better controlled, but definitely on the stiff side. My brother says he doesn't like it, but I tend to disagree... I'd rather have a stiff but well-damped car, as it tends to even out imperfections at high speeds, even though it feels rough on slow roads. Plus they don't wallow as much as your standard SUV.
    But the Fortuner isn't really a fast vehicle to start with, or a vehicle you would have the confidence to drive fast on that matter.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by herbularyo
    I own a fortuner and my dad has a Gen2 Pajero. As far as the ride comfort is concerned the Pajero gets my vote.

But some claimed that by replacing the stock shock absorber of the Fortuner to an after market variety where you can change the setting between soft, medium & hard via a switch, the ride improves .
    Is there somebody who changed the shocks? which brand is okay... bilstein, rancho?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    is there a chance to improve the ride? like changing the shocks to bilstein or rancho? which is better

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    how about comparing it with honda crv 2003 4x2???
    alin ang matagtag sa dalawa???

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    The problem with the fortuner is the springs. the shocks are ok but also better if replaced. the springs are very stiff because of its metal composition and design. Try the suspension kit by dobinsons specially designed for the fortuner. It gives a much softer ride as well as minimizing sway. Handling is very good to. problem is it cost a lot. Around 50k including installation for the spring and shocks kit.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hi tacio,
    thanks for the info...
    where can u get the dobinsons suspension kit? how about warranty issues?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why eat ordinary burger when you are eating angus beef burger?Paj definitely is better.
    if you want, try a t-bone steak in 2.2crdi Santa Fe. superb ride but have no idea againts the Paj.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have ridden a 3.0 fortuner at ok naman livable naman, pero if you compare it sa pajero malayo. well kung sanay ka na sa pajero siyempre matatagtagan ka talaga.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is The Toyota Fortuner Really Bouncy And Rattles A Lot even On Mild Rocky Spots?