New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hi those of you owning one is it normal to experience problems with your brakes like parang if nilusong sa baha or nabasa yung break pads nagslide sha ng konti and kailangan pump ng pump para kumapit ulit? It happens to me in the morning kapag hindi nagamit yung kotse or kapag malakas ang ulan. Never ko pa nalulusong sa baha yung unit ko. Thanks I need your inputs on this.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post
    Hi those of you owning one is it normal to experience problems with your brakes like parang if nilusong sa baha or nabasa yung break pads nagslide sha ng konti and kailangan pump ng pump para kumapit ulit? It happens to me in the morning kapag hindi nagamit yung kotse or kapag malakas ang ulan. Never ko pa nalulusong sa baha yung unit ko. Thanks I need your inputs on this.
    no problem with the brakes feeling ko nga mlakas kbit when you stepped on it. bring it to your dealer tutal under warranty pa yan

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Is this normal for you guys? Ang pagbreak ko dahan dahan lang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    By the way it comes and goes kaya hindi malaman ng taga toyota ang problem. Ang usual na sasabihin nila is that ipump lang ng ipump para matuyo yung sa braking system.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddeeward View Post
    By the way it comes and goes kaya hindi malaman ng taga toyota ang problem. Ang usual na sasabihin nila is that ipump lang ng ipump para matuyo yung sa braking system.

eh ganun naman talaga pag medyo basa ang brake pad.wag naman todo pump ang gawin..dahan dahan lang..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Ok thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the car gets wet, it may happen. you can also ask the dealer to check and bleed the brakes during the next service stop.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    there might be air in the brake lines
    ask the dealer to bleed it
    pumping the breaks is not a good idea

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtj View Post
    there might be air in the brake lines
    ask the dealer to bleed it
    pumping the breaks is not a good idea
    Brakes brad

Pumping the brakes is not bad. It is a hydraulic system after all.

If the disc brake and brake pads are wet the friction is less, this means the bite isnt as good compared to dry surfaces.

How do you dry a baha submerged brake system? Slowly slowdown. If its raining just keep distance.

In the morning there is oxidation on the disc brake surface because of rain or high humidity. Going through your subdivision speed breakers is enough to clean it in my opinion. Slowing down cleans the surfaces.

If the brake drums are submerged then worst case scenerio-it just needs cleaning with steel brush and brake cleaner.
    Last edited by StockEngine; August 13th, 2016 at 01:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Brakes brad

Pumping the brakes is not bad. It is a hydraulic system after all.

If the disc brake and brake pads are wet the friction is less, this means the bite isnt as good compared to dry surfaces.

How do you dry a baha submerged brake system? Slowly slowdown. If its raining just keep distance.

In the morning there is oxidation on the disc brake surface because of rain or high humidity. Going through your subdivision speed breakers is enough to clean it in my opinion. Slowing down cleans the surfaces.

If the brake drums are submerged then worst case scenerio-it just needs cleaning with steel brush and brake cleaner.
    Thanks for your inputs. Brought it to toyota and the service man told me its called brake groaning. Yes you are right because I encounter this during the morning or when I don't use my vehicle for days. What the service man explained to me that its normal especially for automatic vehicles to experience this and its best to pump in a few so it could warm up a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast