Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, ICB, para sayo yang tanong ko
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    docSUVfan,

true, 4wd is in fact a liability on dry pavement. it's not too easy to tease apart whether the 300k is worth it because that amount buys not only a diesel engine instead of a gas engine but also four-wheel drive.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So does this mean hindi sulit d4d variant?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende. for me, medyo sulit siya, considering you get a lot of off-roadable vehicle for the price.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ung tranny ba smooth kpag nag shift sya? ung sa Paj namin kc na A/t feel mo talaga ung pag shift eh.. parang may lag

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    the reviews were really very informative. I guess I have to lower my expectations of the vehicle. Can't wait to hear from the others. I'll probably hold my purchase for a few more months, as if I have a choice... 3 mos. waiting period!!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ayos ah!. nice review!.. so.. un tanung nila ICB.. ok ba iswap un trooper sa fortuner? :D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Swapping it with the Trooper? well, I'll quote what my brother-in-law told me last night:"I'd buy nalang the Fortuner rather than the Trooper. Trooper's design is been around since the early '90s. The engine is still the old one. Fortuner's design is new and the engine of the Fortuner is also new."

same with chst mknk, my brother in law will just wait till november to buy the Fortuner.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by docSUVfan
    Mazdamazda, since your coming from a RAV4 AWD, you seem not impressed with the handling of the D4D 4WD drivetrain. My other concern would be the potential savings of diesel power since more km/li can be achieved during city driving. The benefit of 4WD could not be assessed in good road conditions, better if grass or mud plugging. The P300,000+ difference seems steep, 'no?
    not at all impressed with the handling...

though the tranny shifts were a bit ok. gone were the old shift shocks of a/t. but I would still prefere a manual tranny over it anytime.

but after an overnight's sleep... am now here at the office looking over the financing rates for the Fortuner. ;) am assessing the 300K difference over a period of say... 10 years? in which case, the d4d variant will start to look good.

I guess that you really should prioritize if you need all that space. if you do, the Fortuner really is a good buy. if not, other CUVs are a more viable alternative.

I will still be holding my horses till the MU-7 & Xtrerra finally comes in here.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e kung meron ka ng trooper, will you sell the trooper to buy a fortuner?

chst mknk, the 3 months waiting period is the time the vehicle will be delivered to you upon your confirmation of your purchase. so if after 3 months ka bibili, that would be around august, by november mo pa makukuha.
    Signature

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Toyota Fortuner 2.7L and 3.0D4-D test drive report