New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 203 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    di pa nadala sa Service Center, okay na naman kasi minsan lang sininok since dinala namin yung unit. It is sometimes waste of time going to Service Center when the unit performs normal during the analysis. As I said, Toyota needs a proof in the form of graph from the analyzer before they replace the pumping system. Antayin ko na lang siguro lumala yung sakit OR benta ko na lang. MAganda ba yung MPV of Mazda?

make your camera handy so incase nag kaproblema video mo. that's what i did kasi wala rin makita sa analyzer nila. they have the video copied and it work, the fuel pump replacement arrived.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    di pa nadala sa Service Center, okay na naman kasi minsan lang sininok since dinala namin yung unit. It is sometimes waste of time going to Service Center when the unit performs normal during the analysis. As I said, Toyota needs a proof in the form of graph from the analyzer before they replace the pumping system. Antayin ko na lang siguro lumala yung sakit OR benta ko na lang. MAganda ba yung MPV of Mazda?
    Wag mo ibenta sayang ang malulugi syo gamitin mo nalang araw-araw tapos pag mag park ka wag mo ilock hayaan mo ma carnap tapos claim mo sa insurance tapos bili ka nalang ng Mazda MPV joke

May bago bang Mazda Mpv?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Talked with the manager of Denso Common Rail Calibration Center and he told me diesel fuel sold here is ok for Toyota common rail engines... although 30 cetane falls short of the industry standard of 50 cetane, all it does is make the engine a bit noiser, but not an issue when it comes to durability and performance.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Wag mo ibenta sayang ang malulugi syo gamitin mo nalang araw-araw tapos pag mag park ka wag mo ilock hayaan mo ma carnap tapos claim mo sa insurance tapos bili ka nalang ng Mazda MPV joke

May bago bang Mazda Mpv?

lol, kung gusto mo sir larshell ikaw na lang ca carnap sa Innova ko para meyron kang kakahuyan ng spare parts. Don't worry, di kita isusumbong sa pulis.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I'm new here. I started reading about the D4D engine woes and I felt they were describing my Fortuner. I got my unit (Black 2.5 D4D) last Oct. 3 and it was doing fine until after my 5000km check up last January. From that time, I started experiencing a sudden drop in my idling after I start the fortuner. I have to pump the gas pedal a few times to get the idling steady. At first okay lang but after a while I miss the one click one start ignition without stepping on the gas pedal. So I brought it to Toyota last monday and complained about it. They asked me to leave my fortuner up to Tuesday and when I got my unit, okay na. No labor charges, under warranty kasi but no explanations din on what the problem was. They didn't say if there were any parts changed basta ayos na siya. I'm beginning to believe there is a silent recall for this model but at least they're doing something about it.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman 007
    I'm new here. I started reading about the D4D engine woes and I felt they were describing my Fortuner. I got my unit (Black 2.5 D4D) last Oct. 3 and it was doing fine until after my 5000km check up last January. From that time, I started experiencing a sudden drop in my idling after I start the fortuner. I have to pump the gas pedal a few times to get the idling steady. At first okay lang but after a while I miss the one click one start ignition without stepping on the gas pedal. So I brought it to Toyota last monday and complained about it. They asked me to leave my fortuner up to Tuesday and when I got my unit, okay na. No labor charges, under warranty kasi but no explanations din on what the problem was. They didn't say if there were any parts changed basta ayos na siya. I'm beginning to believe there is a silent recall for this model but at least they're doing something about it.
    bro, make sure they replaced your pump. I suspect ni -reset lang nila ecu mo, just like mine. Temporary solution lang yung resetting since yung may problema is yung pumping. Pagka reset, aayos talaga siya but problem still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vmax
    Talked with the manager of Denso Common Rail Calibration Center and he told me diesel fuel sold here is ok for Toyota common rail engines... although 30 cetane falls short of the industry standard of 50 cetane, all it does is make the engine a bit noiser, but not an issue when it comes to durability and performance.
    I think a low cetane diesel fuel can affect the overall performance of a diesel engine.

Sana talaga our lawmakers can pass some sort of a lemon law like sa U.S. to protect consumers. Kung sa mga vehicles, if you return a unit say, 3x already for the same problem over a specific period of time then that unit is considered a lemon already and should be replaced or your money refunded. Make sense di ba but of course ibang istorya yan pag hinaluan na ng politika ng ating mga lawmakers. The car is the second most expensive investment of a typical Filipino family (heck it's even the expensive for those na wala pang haus) so something like a lemon law can protect all of us.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=Bamboo]
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01

Also, parehong CRDI ang Fortuner V at Alterra; palagay ko ang magandang katanungan, since sabi mo magaling sa Diesel engines ang Isuzu: between the two, which vehicle is most likely to break down first?
    Fortuner V syempre kasi may reported na cases with Fortuner V stalling na at naoperahan na ang makina. One example yong kwento ni Larshell. Eh yong Alterra wala pang reported case of engine problems. Ang ISUZU, natoto na sa problems nila sa trooper and will try their best not to commit same mistakes uli unlike with Toyota, marami pa silang manghuhula na kailangan to solve their D4D problems Mabuti pa ang CRDI ng Starex at Sorento nyan. Kulit ko pero, D4D really sucks!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    *bonglisa, PM me kung saan ko i-carnap yon Innova mo. Baka may maniwala Joke lang yon.

*Batman007, They call it Intialize your ECU. I think yon lang yong ginawa nila sa Fortuner mo. When they repair my unit they make sign to lots of papers like list of parts and the labor cost etc.If they do the same to you malamang bago na ang supply pump mo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    how about hte 3.0 d4d?

Toyota D4D engine woes