New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 203 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Guys,

I had that same problem yung namamatay ang engine after start up. One thing siguro, is baka you are using the wrong key! I think for the G variant, you need to use the key na may DIN number kasi gamit yung for safety ( anti carnapping). After using the required key, okay na ulit ako.

Please try mo rin yung M2M. Dont use the spare key. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997
    Dapat kukuha din kami ng innova D4D. Kinausap ko sung Agent about the problem hindi niya ako masagot sa Service daw masasagot yun... Then tinanong ko sung sa Service ME: May problem daw yung D4D regarding CRDI ba yun or Fuel Pump something?
    SA: Hindi naman lahat sir
    ME: Pero madami.
    SA: Minsan sir reset lang ng Computer ok na
    ME: Worst case yun na nga masira ano papalit ninyo same parts or much better quality parts?
    SA: Same pa rin sir.
    ME: eh di if ever yun ang defect may possibility masira ulet yun....
    SA: Hindi naman sir.

Ano ako Bobo... Same parts = Same mistake = same output = same problem.
    swertehan lang daw

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    same thing happened to me when i had my innova checked -engine start up stalling. they need to to have the diagnostic machine attached when the engined stalled. kaya lang hindi ako pumayag since that would mean they will have to start up the engine over and over again until the stalling can be observe. good thing meron akong nakuhang video on my innova showing the tachometer when it still had the problem. sabi ng warranty claim advisor, the video can be use as an evidence na raw.

im still waiting for the parts to arrive but i'm not in a hurry cause its been 3 weeks now hindi pa nag recurr ang problem

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron drin
    Guys,

I had that same problem yung namamatay ang engine after start up. One thing siguro, is baka you are using the wrong key! I think for the G variant, you need to use the key na may DIN number kasi gamit yung for safety ( anti carnapping). After using the required key, okay na ulit ako.

Please try mo rin yung M2M. Dont use the spare key. Thanks
    Im not using the spare key when i experienced the problem. After the onboard computer was reset, the starting problem did not re-occur again. My ODO now reads 1130Km and is scheduled for the 1TKM checkup this coming Friday. Its good Toyota Ortigas is very cooperative and will try to perform the fuel pump assy replacement IF they got the parts on time from the plant.
    Bongliza, if its not too far from where you are staying, why dont you try Toyota Ortigas...i gather Ortigas and Shaw are from different owners than those from Alabang, and it seems they are more responsive to the 4d4 problems.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    Yesterday, I called up Toyota Alabang and talked to the Service Supervisor from about the result of the analysis of my car. Ang sabi niya, normal daw yung resulta. Sabi ko papano naging normal eh nag choke na nga yan a few times. Tanong ko pa, for example, nag choke today, di ba ma re retrieve yung history of the car if analyzed the other day, ang sabi eh "hindi daw". Dapat daw naka connect yung analyzer sa computer box and at that time mag choke yung engine.
    He (Mady, mabait naman kausap) also said that Denso requires the graph (result from analyzer) as proof for them to replace the Pump System. Pu*(*^&*^, sabi ko yan na nga ang problem, Pump Problem, anong proof pa ba ang hahanapin nila since an dami ng ganitong problema. Mady also told me about the pump faults by batch, first batch daw, I told him na meyron nga diyan 590km ODO manufactured somewhere in Oct ad the pump fails, therefore hindi sa batch kundi yung Denso Pump talaga. I told him about all the problems I've read on this thread, agree naman siya, hehehe (buti na lang may thread na ganito). Yun nga lang dapat daw lalabas sa analyzer na mey diprensya yung engine before they replace the pump system, procedure daw ng Toyota Alabang at wala silang magagawa
    Sabi ko intermittent yung choking so papano kung pagdating ko diyan sa Toyota ay ok naman, eh di ibabalik ko na naman sa bahay. Papano yung mga mangagaling sa Probinsiya, ibig ba sabihin ibabalik din nila yung sasakyan? He suggested to leave the car sa Casa na lang for 2 to 3 days and they will try to analyze it within this dates. Nasa bahay ngayon yung car, nag mo moni moni... The car is scheduled again next Tuesday but I'm thinking if I really have to leave the car.
    Haaayyy, beginning to hate Innova. But in fairness, mabait naman yung Supervisor nila, Mady. Anong comments niyo mga Innova peeps specially those who already had their pump system replaced. Anong mga experienced niyo sa Casa?
    Dapat palitan nalang nila agad laking abala sa trabho pag lagi ka punta doon.
    Hindi parin alam ng Toyota ang problema.Naghintay lang sila na ma-expire yong warranty natin at tapos ang problema nila,kikita pa sila pag nasira ulit yon pump or CRDi kasi sa kanila tyo bibili.Ano sa tingin nyo parang sadya yata ito para mas malaki ang kita nila.I remember 2C engine nila disposable yon pag umusok na tapon na parang ganito din ito.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kailangan pa ba i analyze? di pa ba nila tanggap palpak ang Fuel injectors nila? dapat recall na nila. Im planning to buy gas next month.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom
    Kailangan pa ba i analyze? di pa ba nila tanggap palpak ang Fuel injectors nila? dapat recall na nila. Im planning to buy gas next month.
    Inamin naman yung nakausap ko sa Toyota Alabang na may problema talaga yung pump. He even mentioned na sana magloko na talaga yung car ko para mapalitan na yung pumping system. The thing is Denso needs a proof via the analyzer in the form of graph to replace the parts. Intermittent yung problema so tsambahan lang pag nasa casa ka na. Puwede bang doktorin yung result graph?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    M2m,

Good to hear that your car is ko na. Sana, mine hindi mag ka problem. Im more than 5,000 km na and just finished my 2nd PM using Biodiesel fromChemrez (hotline nila 635-9000). So far, so good!
    I already informed Toyota Motor Phils. Hope they will attend to this. Sabi nila, it is because of the fuel , kung ganon, dapat limit your self to one fuel source lang, one station, one brand,

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    gud am, if i may join the forum and put up one Q. the D4D woes, is this problem unique for this type of engine o other diesel engines can also be prone to the problems mentioned? kasi am planning to buy a second hand sedona and i know its diesel, but i dont know kung anong klaseng engine nya. medyo may kaba na ako sa diesel engine reading this thread. opine please

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron drin
    M2m,

Good to hear that your car is ko na. Sana, mine hindi mag ka problem. Im more than 5,000 km na and just finished my 2nd PM using Biodiesel fromChemrez (hotline nila 635-9000). So far, so good!
    I already informed Toyota Motor Phils. Hope they will attend to this. Sabi nila, it is because of the fuel , kung ganon, dapat limit your self to one fuel source lang, one station, one brand,
    Will it not void your warranty with biodiesel? i've read in some forums that Toyota does not recommend the use of biodiesel. Has Toyota certified chemrez for the Innova?

Ive been limiting myself to use only Petron from the same gas station for my fuel source, just to eliminate the fuel issue.

Toyota D4D engine woes