New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 203 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Almost all the new (meaning no plate # ) Innovas I see on the road are either J variants and G variants. Yes they are composed of 95% vvti, which is the most I've ever seen since the Innova's launching last year. I think people are becoming more aware of the problem, even without the help of the proposed media exposure.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yan na yong problema medyo aware na yong mga tao but Toyota mukhang bulag parin. Resale value is now sufering last sunday i saw Innova G a/t D4d in the newspapers asking price is 850 only. Imagine im sure may discount pa yan.Kawawa naman kaming nakabili na at palpak pala yong nabili namin at paano na kung wala ng warranty. Im sure kung extend lang yong warranty ng Innova D4d tataas pa ang resle value.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Even if someone will sell it at lower than 850k, still no buyer coz of perceived defect of D4D engines, iwas D4D na buyers for sure...

WBR,

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's jumping the gun a bit to say (at this point) that resale values are dropping because of this "D-4D issue"... as it is a quite a stretch to say that 95% of the innovas that you see on the road are gasoline variants because of this "issue".

i'm no apologist for toyota, but i just wonder how much of the motoring public and prospective market are even aware of this issue. probably just a fraction?

however, the matter interests me... i'll ask toyota for an official comment about this matter. i wonder what they have to say hehe

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hello Guys,

I am also a D4D user. Mine is a G matic green. For now, more 5 k na ang tinatakbo ng vehicle ko but so far no problem. Take note, i have been using B5 ( 5% blend ) BioActiv after my first 1,000 km check up. Very satisfied ako sa D4D ko!
    What troubles me lang is the brakes. It gets too hot even short distance drive lang! I feel a little worried but per casa, wala naman daw problem. It's normal lang daw.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    it's jumping the gun a bit to say (at this point) that resale values are dropping because of this "D-4D issue"... as it is a quite a stretch to say that 95% of the innovas that you see on the road are gasoline variants because of this "issue".

i'm no apologist for toyota, but i just wonder how much of the motoring public and prospective market are even aware of this issue. probably just a fraction?

however, the matter interests me... i'll ask toyota for an official comment about this matter. i wonder what they have to say hehe
    I think it's true that this is jumping the gun... I see a lot of VVTi Innovas, but we should all remember, the VVTi J variant is around 50k cheaper than any other Innova. And I agree with anyone who buys it... in the absence of ABS, any extra you spend on higher variants is a waste of money... seems a lot of people agree with that thought... hence, andaming VVTi variants sa kalye.

And who wouldn't want an Innova with a modern engine? Kung iisipin mo, it's like buying a 2-liter Corolla with extra seats... and no ABS, EBD, airbags, power windows, etc... :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Got talk with my SA for 10K PMS and ang sabi is merong batch daw ng denso pump na dapat for thailand market ang nakabit sa innova. Yun daw ang meron mga problema kc iba raw ung pump spring ng thailand innova and fortuner kaysa d2 sa atin..

Just sharing what i heard...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph
    Got talk with my SA for 10K PMS and ang sabi is merong batch daw ng denso pump na dapat for thailand market ang nakabit sa innova. Yun daw ang meron mga problema kc iba raw ung pump spring ng thailand innova and fortuner kaysa d2 sa atin..

Just sharing what i heard...
    will it reason back to the type of fuel available here in Pinas again?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Yan na yong problema medyo aware na yong mga tao but Toyota mukhang bulag parin. Resale value is now sufering last sunday i saw Innova G a/t D4d in the newspapers asking price is 850 only.
    Saw that also...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Try this, On your commute to and from work everyday, count how many new Innovas (no plate #s only) have vvti and D4-D on and you will be surprised by the results. You'd also notice that early release Innovas (plate# XR*-***, XT*-***, XS*-***, ZA*-***, etc) are mostly D4-D.

The increasing number of new Innovas (no plate #s) sporting vvti has alot to do with the growing D4-D problem. Do not underestimate the fact that people have better access to the internet today because of information gleaned from this board or spread through word of the mouth from people reading this thread.

This thread has been very helpful, useful and definitely an eye-opener to me. Of course, there are those who will be never be convinced at all costs even if the evidence were sitting right in front of them. I respect these people's viewpoint regarding the supposed "innocence" of Toyota in this matter, but they do so at their own peril.

To each his own.

As for me, I'm putting my wallet where my mouth is because very soon I'm taking delivery of a Toyota IMV vehicle outfitted with a vvti engine.

Toyota D4D engine woes