New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 22 of 203 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,244
    #211
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    May naikwento si utol sakin kanina lang may nabasa sya sa Manila Bullitin na umamin ang toyota kelangan pa nila improve yong engine ng Fortuner and Innova medyo malabo lang pero hiramin ko yong newspaper bukas, i post ko tomorow.

    Sorry mga peeps, nagkamali si utol he only read the title and he thought that the word PROVES is IMPROVES.

    Article Title is : The world is not enough Toyota's Hot-selling 4x4 Proves to be nearly perfect.

    Akala nya The world is not enough Toyota's Hot-selling 4x4 Needs to Improves.
    Sorry ha. tao lang po.
    Last edited by larshell; November 17th, 2005 at 08:22 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    973
    #212
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower
    it makes me wonder what makes the engine in the hilux and hiace differ from the innova? Puro innova ata ang problem but pareho lang naman 2.5 litre d4d di ba?
    Minsan may konting modification din across models. Dati yung Mitsu L200 & L300 namin parehong 4D56 yung makina pero mas maliit yung crankase nung sa L300. 6 liters ang oil capacity nung L2, yung L3 5 liters lang. Tipong ganun.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,231
    #213
    Quote Originally Posted by apexi_66
    What exactly controls all these parts ( fuel pump, injectors, pressure chamber) you've mentioned? I'm sure they don't work independently right?
    You're right! Another possible problem is a fault in the ECU program... This is easier to correct, since this is a software problem.

  4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,089
    #214
    I'm just curious....do they have this sort of problem in Thailand? Its really difficult to get info from their forums since their language is unique and English does come as easily to them unlike us in the Philippines.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    156
    #215
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    You're right! Another possible problem is a fault in the ECU program... This is easier to correct, since this is a software problem.
    Ganoon naman pala. Di ko maintindihan ang Toyota bakit pump o injectors lagi ang sinisisi nila eh yong pump at injector will just function if there is a command from the ECU.They should check the wiring harness from ECU to the pump and injectors baka mayroong loose connection o damaged pins o plugs that causes the loss of signal to either the pump or the injectors minsan causing this "choking" o biglang pag stop ng makina. O di tama yong voltage that is suppose to operate the system that when you rev up the engine, saka palang sya mag work properly dahil tama yong voltage na pumapasok

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    323
    #216
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I'm just curious....do they have this sort of problem in Thailand? Its really difficult to get info from their forums since their language is unique and English does come as easily to them unlike us in the Philippines.

    May mga first hand info ba regarding D4D engine problems sa fortuner here and in other countries? In the other thread (Fortuner owners) , wala pang nag-post ng first-hand information regarding engine problems. I understand that Fortuner is CBU from thailand, while Innova is locally assembled. If ever this problem is confined only to the Innovas then probably it is due to the locally sourced components or locally assembled vehicles.

    Remember the problem of the Honda Civic gas tanks, it only affects the locally assembled ones. In fairness to Honda, they corrected the problem.

  7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,244
    #217
    The reason why there is no 1st hand info regarding Fortuner engine problem available coz ang liit pa ng population ng Fortuner Diesel. Dito nga sa Tsikot wala pa yatang 10 ang owner ng Fortuner Diesel dito.

    O.T. lang Another oil price Rollback Tonight info at cartalk thread

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,231
    #218
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    The reason why there is no 1st hand info regarding Fortuner engine problem available coz ang liit pa ng population ng Fortuner Diesel. Dito nga sa Tsikot wala pa yatang 10 ang owner ng Fortuner Diesel dito.

    O.T. lang Another oil price Rollback Tonight info at cartalk thread
    Actually, there are plenty of D-4D Fortuner owners already. 400 Fortuner units are shipped monthly from Thailand since May 2005. Around 80% of the units are Diesel. That would mean over 2000 D-4D Fortuners nationwide as of November 2005. That's a statistically significant sample size. Problems should have already cropped-up by now... What is not know is how many of these D-4D units are the 2.5G variant.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    85
    #219
    may complaints na ba sa hilux? mine has not shown any signs of choking. how come may club na ang fortuner at innova owners? bat ang hilux wala pa???? huhuhuhuh.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,231
    #220
    Quote Originally Posted by nixon75
    may complaints na ba sa hilux? mine has not shown any signs of choking. how come may club na ang fortuner at innova owners? bat ang hilux wala pa???? huhuhuhuh.
    OT lang... Wala pang club ang Fortuner owners... The FortunerClub.Net is just an international forum for Fortuner owners. 'La pa nga EB eh...

Toyota D4D engine woes