New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    This is my friends lift back... its a great car to set up.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Here's the stock engine (2T):

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ganda naman taga san yan?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Meron pa nga pala akong 18rg engine, baka benta ko na din.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the liftback is one of the rare ones you see today. too bad that Toyota stopped selling these quickly because of the marcos regime. All in all I really liked the design , the engine , the twodoor styling and especially the RWD!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I recently got a hold of a 84 liftback for 100 bucks! i'm kinda excited because of what ive heard this car is pretty rare. it's a carbureted 1.6 4ALC motor. The car has 359,000 miles and didn't run when i got it. Put a new fuel pump, air filter, fresh oil, new plugs and now runs without so much as sputter.. should i invest or is it really not worth it? im pretty sure i want to keep it but i need a second opinion! Thanks.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mga masters, newbie lang po. I tried to look for an informative thread about the corolla liftback and this site came up the search results. Anyway, Im helping my mom to restore the car she's using which is a 1979 corolla liftback DX. Not sure about the engine type but maybe it's has a 2T engine according to a neighbor who knows a little bit about cars. We already had the whole body overhauled, lights, seats, etc except for the engine. We've been having issues with the alternator as it discharges the battery everytime we use it. Everytime we turn off the engine, we need help to jumpstart it to make the engine run again. Most likely we need to replace the alternator already but where can we get replacements? Can we have the old one repaired instead? Roughly how much will it cost? Ok bang bumili dun sa mga shops na ng-rerewind ng alternator or we need to buy specifically sa mga autoshops? ANother problem we're having recently is according to the friendly neighbor is the fuel pump assembly. What happens is when we start the engine, it goes out in a few seconds. The engine sounds like its havng a hard time combusting fuel or something lke that. Eventhough we start stepping on the gas pedal to rev the engine, it doesn't sound or respond right. The engine still goes out. Parang nalulunond yung tunog ng engine kahit ni-rerev na namin. What type of fuel pump assembly is recommended for this type of car?How much will it cost and where can we get one? WOuld there be any other parts that we need to replace to correct the problem. Hoping to get any response from the forummers on this thread especially the lifyback the owners out there. I'll try to post pics of the car asap. AGain thank you in advance and more power to tsikot.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, buhayin ko lang itong thread.

I was inkling to buy a box type lancer and restore it pero I had a feeling na parang boring ang outcome nun, that I would end up with just another 4 door sedan.

Then I thought about the Liftback and with its two doors, and of course the lift back, makes it a bit of unique car, and would be fun to drive. So I found on the internet a few liftbacks selling at 30 to 50k, some in ok condition. Ang plan ko is doing it in phases. Phase one is to fix the internals, probably do an engine swap if so required, or probably an overhaul lang kung 2T na ang engine. Then check the suspensions and drivetrain. Phase two would be the electrical and aesthetics.

Now, i'm not going racing with this car, I just want a reliable 2nd car. And with a limited budget of 100k for the phase 1 and probably the same ang phase 2. Do you think this would be feasible or am I over my head here? Baka lang wishful thinking lang gagawin ko at super hirap and super mahal pala itong project na ito.

Hoping for your constructive comments here. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    on the works na ang pag purchase ko ng '81 red liftback. for minor repairs muna.

pang bahay opis lang
    Last edited by meledson; March 8th, 2011 at 12:16 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Guys, buhayin ko lang itong thread.

I was inkling to buy a box type lancer and restore it pero I had a feeling na parang boring ang outcome nun, that I would end up with just another 4 door sedan.

Then I thought about the Liftback and with its two doors, and of course the lift back, makes it a bit of unique car, and would be fun to drive. So I found on the internet a few liftbacks selling at 30 to 50k, some in ok condition. Ang plan ko is doing it in phases. Phase one is to fix the internals, probably do an engine swap if so required, or probably an overhaul lang kung 2T na ang engine. Then check the suspensions and drivetrain. Phase two would be the electrical and aesthetics.

Now, i'm not going racing with this car, I just want a reliable 2nd car. And with a limited budget of 100k for the phase 1 and probably the same ang phase 2. Do you think this would be feasible or am I over my head here? Baka lang wishful thinking lang gagawin ko at super hirap and super mahal pala itong project na ito.

Hoping for your constructive comments here. Thanks.
    If you're restoring an old car for daily use, i'd still stick to a 90's model. Parts are easier, price difference isn't much and air conditioning systems are waaay better.

In my own opinion, if i were getting an 80's classic like a boxtype or corolla liftback, it will definitely have to be in very good condition to make owning it a worthwhile. Good paint, all proper trim are in place, all mods (if any) are period-correct, and well conditioned engine (even if its just stock). But such will set back a person quite a tidy sum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Toyota Corolla Liftback