New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    nice thread. hopefully maganda din ang resulta ng mga rebuild projects nyo dito. big fan din ako ng LBs.. naalala ko nung elem/hs days lagi may dumadaan sa amin na color white/dirty white, tapos wala na rear seat, sub/box na lang yung nandon tapos grupo sila e mga naka-team toms na sticker sa ws... sobrang cool nga nung mga yon... afaik, mga taga-las piñas sila... doña manuela subd. yata...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it appears to be a 1981 corolla LB (liftback). an official model back then. i had one before.. carburated 1300 (4K) engine, 5 speed.. very light and responsive steering.. drove great! made me feel young! i still wonder from time to time why i sold it.. its only problem then was the lack of rear passenger space.. ah yes! my second baby was born.. hence the sell..
    since it's old, your foreseeable problem would be sourcing spare parts, especially body parts. also, it was rumored that the manufacturer then, had to scrimp on the rustproofing, to keep costs down.. but it was only a rumor.. (?).. best you inspect the metal well, justin case..
    i consider it a cheap alternative to a midlife crisis car (most of us cannot afford a red porsche..)
    there's a (purportedly) rebuilt yellow unit somewhere.. for sale for 100K or so..
    heyy... where're the windshield wipers?
    btw, if you look carefully, those two red LBs are different variants.. perhaps 1 or 2 years apart?
    got your point bro, thank you!
    but overall performance what can you say about this car?

im planning to modify it like this:
    is it worth it?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mine came with 4K engine. basic 1300. perhaps those who had a bigger engine should give their inputs..
    but it was fun to drive..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    the owner of the car said, it has 4k engine as well..
    planning to get the car this weekend thou, is it worth it for 30k?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Toyota Corolla Liftback