New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 529 of 534 FirstFirst ... 429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 5332
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,637
    #5281
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

    Have not driven the 12th gen but it does look smaller than the 11th and many others have chimed the same opinion.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yep, the 12th gen looked smaller than the 11th gen. I was trailing one yesterday and its proportions were not like the 11th gen.

  2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    966
    #5282
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yep, the 12th gen looked smaller than the 11th gen. I was trailing one yesterday and its proportions were not like the 11th gen.
    It really feels tighter inside for passengers for what we have from usual compacts nowadays (don't know the actual for the current Mazda 3 but it reminds me of the "new" Mazda 3 from a cabin volume perspective launched 5 or 6 years ago). I think it is the "ergonomics" of the thing. Rear headroom is "too compromised" because of the sloping rear roof. The size of the trunk is nice but I think that may have pushed the rear passenger seats forward (or just so happened the large trunk was the result of the roof line locking the rear bench at that position on the whole chassis).

  3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,624
    #5283
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mas malaki di hamak 11th gen sa 10th gen. Have owned both.

    Have not driven the 12th gen but it does look smaller than the 11th and many others have chimed the same opinion.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    thanks bro, mukhang malaki lang kasi chubby lang pala yung gen 10 pero maliit pala LOL

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    #5284
    Hi everyone, my altis is turning 3 years old and i would like to try getting it serviced outside the casa. Its going to be for the 20k pms and i just checked the manual and saw that its basically an oil change and brake cleaning and a bunch of inspection points. Would motech be able to do this? Do you think this is a good idea?

    I'd like to try using synthetic oil and the casa oil seems expensive for what you get. Plus they add on a bunch of stuff like flushing, silicon crease and others. Last time i asked them to remove a bunch of stuff but nalusutan ako ng tune up, on top of the pms fee. I was wondering what they did with the tune up since wala naman carb na. Anyway, do you do your pms outside? Any shop recos near visayas/mindanao ave?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #5285
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    Hi everyone, my altis is turning 3 years old and i would like to try getting it serviced outside the casa. Its going to be for the 20k pms and i just checked the manual and saw that its basically an oil change and brake cleaning and a bunch of inspection points. Would motech be able to do this? Do you think this is a good idea?

    I'd like to try using synthetic oil and the casa oil seems expensive for what you get. Plus they add on a bunch of stuff like flushing, silicon crease and others. Last time i asked them to remove a bunch of stuff but nalusutan ako ng tune up, on top of the pms fee. I was wondering what they did with the tune up since wala naman carb na. Anyway, do you do your pms outside? Any shop recos near visayas/mindanao ave?
    follow time based maintenance schedule. 36month na dapat.

    motech should be able to do the 36th month maintenance

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    #5286
    The casa I go to wants me to have a change oil every 3 months or 5k km. I was thinking the 3 month rule is quite excessive, but am i causing damage by not doing this? My car wasn't used the first year I had it and am now averaging aroung 10k/ year.

    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    follow time based maintenance schedule. 36month na dapat.

    motech should be able to do the 36th month maintenance

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,427
    #5287
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    The casa I go to wants me to have a change oil every 3 months or 5k km. I was thinking the 3 month rule is quite excessive, but am i causing damage by not doing this? My car wasn't used the first year I had it and am now averaging aroung 10k/ year.
    i do my pms on the basis of 5000 km or 6 months, whichever comes last. mineral oil only.
    after over 100K km, the vehicle hasn't complained yet.
    during the warranty period, the casa would always welcome me with open cashbox and no peep regarding my choice of pms interpretation..

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #5288
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    The casa I go to wants me to have a change oil every 3 months or 5k km. I was thinking the 3 month rule is quite excessive, but am i causing damage by not doing this? My car wasn't used the first year I had it and am now averaging aroung 10k/ year.
    change oil every 6month. use the latest api-sn mineral oils.


  9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    #5289
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    change oil every 6month. use the latest api-sn mineral oils.

    Thanks dr.d a d stockengine

    I average 10k a year so i fall under the 6 month or 5k timeline. I've been using the api-sn oil for the wigo since its 10w30. The casa i go to pushes the 20w50 oil for the altis but the manual says 30 wt is good.

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,541
    #5290
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    The casa I go to wants me to have a change oil every 3 months or 5k km. I was thinking the 3 month rule is quite excessive, but am i causing damage by not doing this? My car wasn't used the first year I had it and am now averaging aroung 10k/ year.
    3month interval? That's unnecessary

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]