New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 433 of 548 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 5477
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruov View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just bought a Red Altis G MT variant. I've been mostly driving diesel SUVs for the past few years and this will be the first time I'll be driving a gasoline powered sedan again since I first learned how to drive on a 1st gen vios.

Any tips for a new owner? Recommended accessories to get? I know I'll get some deep dish matts asap because of this rainy weather.
    Coming from a diesel SUV, you'll have to adjust to the ff:
    1. Less power at low revs - the Altis 1.6MT is faster than most diesel SUVs, but needs to be revved hard to get more power.

2. Easier to maneuver, but hood isn't visible

3. More comfortable ride over small road imperfections, but big potholes make the entire car shudder, unlike with big SUVs where the ride is uncomfortable even on paved roads but big potholes are no problem

For accessories, I also have a 1.6G MT and these are the only accessories I have:

1. 2 pairs of Bosch EC6 horns
    2. Front and rear parking sensors
    3. VKool VK70 tint
    4. SJ4000 dashcam
    5. Mountek Snap+ CD-mounted magnetic phone holder
    6. Capdase 2-port USB charger
    7. Rear fog lamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Coming from a diesel SUV, you'll have to adjust to the ff:
    1. Less power at low revs - the Altis 1.6MT is faster than most diesel SUVs, but needs to be revved hard to get more power.

2. Easier to maneuver, but hood isn't visible

3. More comfortable ride over small road imperfections, but big potholes make the entire car shudder, unlike with big SUVs where the ride is uncomfortable even on paved roads but big potholes are no problem

For accessories, I also have a 1.6G MT and these are the only accessories I have:

1. 2 pairs of Bosch EC6 horns
    2. Front and rear parking sensors
    3. VKool VK70 tint
    4. SJ4000 dashcam
    5. Mountek Snap+ CD-mounted magnetic phone holder
    6. Capdase 2-port USB charger
    7. Rear fog lamp

Any tips on freebies I should expect? Any early problems/issues I should look out for?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Any tips on freebies I should expect? Any early problems/issues I should look out for?
    Freebies are usually just tint, seat covers, and ordinary matting.

I haven't had any problems with my 15-month old Altis that has 36,000 km on it. Of course there are a few members who've encountered problems such as defective aircon or a humming CVT, but in the grand scheme of things, these are isolated cases and there hasn't been any widespread issue that plagues the majority of Altis owners.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi Guys,

Just bought a Red Altis G MT variant. I've been mostly driving diesel SUVs for the past few years and this will be the first time I'll be driving a gasoline powered sedan again since I first learned how to drive on a 1st gen vios.

Any tips for a new owner? Recommended accessories to get? I know I'll get some deep dish matts asap because of this rainy weather.
    For rubber matts, I would recommend the original toyota branded one. Perfect cut and for the driver side piece, there're locking slots. Don't expect it to be cheap though[emoji1]. Happy driving.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    For rubber matts, I would recommend the original toyota branded one. Perfect cut and for the driver side piece, there're locking slots. Don't expect it to be cheap though[emoji1]. Happy driving.

Thanks sa info. Also nagiinstall ba sila front parkig sensors sa casa? Should i get 4 eyes over 2 eye sa rear sensors? Mejo me mga nakikita kasi ako altis na me sayad/dent sa corner ng rear bumper. Ganun ba sya kahirap ipark?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Beware of Toyota Fairview Service Center... Highway robbery if you are not aware enough.

I had my recent experience with Toyota Fairview for my 10K PMS on my 11th gen Altis and they quoted me Php 14,000. Sa laking gulat ko napaulit ako talaga bang Php 14,000 and my SA confirmed it 14K pesos talaga. When I requested for the detailed items, merong mga items na seems suspicious such as fully synth oil, engine decarbonization, aircon antibac, engine flush and fuell additive.

At first napa-OK ako sa mga ipapagawa sa 10K PMS. FS oil maintindihan ko pa, what the hell , engine decarb for an almost new vehicle, ganon ba ang 11th Altis engine magka-carbon in 10K kms. I even ask my SA kung kailangan ba talaga at ang sagot pa sa akin 'kailangang kailangan nang makina nyo yan sir para sa makina nyo yan' ... Parang wala siyang maipaliwanag na mabuti at buti na lang at napaisip ako for a almost new vehicle bakit may engine decarb. And, even all those extras.

To make long story short from 14K pesos down to 5K pesos for my 10K PMS, feeling ko nga may mga items pa na di dapat kailangan nandon. So guys and gals, beware of Toyota Fairview service center. I am not telling to avoid Toyota Fairview but rather be aware of their subtle way of putting extras on their services, which well in fact not necessarily needed anyways.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Halos lahat naman ng casa ganyan ang style. Not limited to Toyota Fairview. I've also experienced that with other brands.

Thanks for the heads up though. 👍

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Bought my car from Fairview but decided to have my 1k PMS at North EDSA (I live near the area). Based on the posts that I read here, I was expecting them to quote me with additional "optional" items, I was surprised when the service advisor told me that I only have to pay for the oil that will be replaced (opted for FS) and the oil filter. Nalungkot lang ako na hindi pa pala ako pwede makakuha ng VIP Card (for discounts) dahil hindi sa NE na released oto ko hehe. Hintay pa daw ako ng 2 more service sa kanila para maka avail ng discount card hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Question po mga sirs, regarding the parking sensors, dapat ba casa installed sila so as not to void the warranty? Hpw much po yung parking sensors sa casa?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    614f64aaaeee5623.jpg

Jut?