New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 79 of 357 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sirs question lang po.naadjust po ba illumination ng gauges sa 1.6G?thanks po

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Sirs and yun po ba na eco indicator if ON eh talagang on and off ang indicator nya?thanks sirs

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir sa 1.6V yung dimmer nasa same button ng trip meter, yung nasa gauge mismo, try mo na lang.

Yung Eco indicator yes on and off lang. Pag naka-on ibig sabihin economical ang driving style o apak mo sa gas. Nagooff kapag humahataw. kapag inoff mo, di na siya iilaw.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Thanks sir loverlionus.okay check ko rin po.sana meron adjustment po ng illumination hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    hi mga sir

newbie here, question lang po, may naririnig ako na whistling sound everytime na inaapakan ko yung brake, sa 1.6G ko, usually pag nakahinto sya, normal ba yun? Parang banda sa engine compartment ko naririnig banda sa pasenger side.

thanks in advance =)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by j_ar View Post
    hi mga sir

newbie here, question lang po, may naririnig ako na whistling sound everytime na inaapakan ko yung brake, sa 1.6G ko, usually pag nakahinto sya, normal ba yun? Parang banda sa engine compartment ko naririnig banda sa pasenger side.

thanks in advance =)
    When you hear the sound, you're already on full stop? If yes, try fully depressing the brake pedal and observe if it still continues to be depressed and check your brake fluid level. You might have a leak.

If you hear the whistling sound while moving and braking, have your pads checked. It might be worn out already.

Though usually, when the car was parked for a long period of time and after a carwash or rain, there's a slight sound but it only lasts afetr a few braking action.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thank you sir, kadalasan pag nakahinto, pag dalawang beses na continuous na apak, kulit nga, parang may blow off yung brakes ko, pero i wll have it check this week. thanks sir

Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    When you hear the sound, you're already on full stop? If yes, try fully depressing the brake pedal and observe if it still continues to be depressed and check your brake fluid level. You might have a leak.

If you hear the whistling sound while moving and braking, have your pads checked. It might be worn out already.

Though usually, when the car was parked for a long period of time and after a carwash or rain, there's a slight sound but it only lasts afetr a few braking action.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j_ar View Post
    hi mga sir

thanks in advance =)
    Try having your brakes cleaned first.

What's the maintenance schedule of the ZR engine? Does Toyota implement a 10,000km change oil interval or is it still a 5,000km affair?

AFAIR, with the older models using the ZZ engine (starting with the 9th gen) they first did a 10,000kms service interval which was specified on the owner's manual but when the sludge issue came about, the recommended service interval became 5,000kms (which is the "severe" conditions change oil interval).
    Last edited by vinj; March 12th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi sirs
    i need your inputs with regard to this: Last sunday while i was driving my corolla (10th gen, 1.6g) here in iloilo, when i stepped on the brakes, i heard a rattling sound - i dunno how to describe exactly the sound, but i felt vibrations and rattling underneath and then the "abs and brake" indicator on the instrument panel lit up, I presumed the "anti - lock braking system (abs)" got engaged which i found to be abnormal as i was driving on a "stop and go" traffic.
    I went to the casa here, hooked the car to their computer, road tested it and found nothing, they just told me that they have already "deleted" perhaps the error readings on the car's computer and i will have to observe it it will recur, they told me that perhaps the sensor was "nadumihan" of some sort..
    What is your take on this guys? is it normal? does it happen? maybe a glitch? thanks in advance..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hugobo
    hi sirs
    i need your inputs with regard to this: Last sunday while i was driving my corolla (10th gen, 1.6g) here in iloilo, when i stepped on the brakes, i heard a rattling sound - i dunno how to describe exactly the sound, but i felt vibrations and rattling underneath and then the "abs and brake" indicator on the instrument panel lit up, I presumed the "anti - lock braking system (abs)" got engaged which i found to be abnormal as i was driving on a "stop and go" traffic.
    I went to the casa here, hooked the car to their computer, road tested it and found nothing, they just told me that they have already "deleted" perhaps the error readings on the car's computer and i will have to observe it it will recur, they told me that perhaps the sensor was "nadumihan" of some sort..
    What is your take on this guys? is it normal? does it happen? maybe a glitch? thanks in advance..
    Sir kung hindi naman umulit, theres nothing to be worried about

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]