New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 233 of 329 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3286
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,382
    #2321
    Guys,

    Here's a bit of an odd request, perhaps.

    How do you lift a Gen 10 Corolla?

    Doing some research for my Mom. Who loves her Gen 9 to bits, and who has a Gen 10 but is having difficulty with the lower stance.

    Medyo mababa kasi ang stance ng Gen 10, which is perfect IMO for bigger wheels and skinnier tires. Nga lang since it's my Mom's ride, we need the opposite of lowered.

    Any ideas on how to increase the ride height? By about half an inch? Has anyone tried spacers perhaps?

    TIA

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,052
    #2322
    What are good replacement tires for out 10th gen? My car turned 4 yrs old na and I need to have the tires replaced na. Do I really need to replace all 4

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,206
    #2323
    ^Cat, kumho ecsta. Bang for the buck tire. From the reviews i get, it has good grip.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    261
    #2324
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What are good replacement tires for out 10th gen? My car turned 4 yrs old na and I need to have the tires replaced na. Do I really need to replace all 4
    We chose the Bridgestone Turanza for reduced noise and comfort. Huge difference from the stock Dunlops, specially in SLEX. A little expensive at P 6k+ each. Had to replace all 4 because we rotated tires so the wear was even on all 4, used it for 35k+ kms. First time to ride in the highway already made the purchase worth it!

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    358
    #2325
    Hi Guys, it's good to be back and I will be needing your help as well. I still have this clunking sound on the front end of the car and it's getting worse. I already replaced ball joints, stabilizer link, and the tie rod ends but the noise remains.. I can hear it from both sides. Then nowadays, I can already feel bump steers. For example in edsa,when I go over bumpy portions, the steering wheel veers left. What could be the culprit of this? I've done my research, and my suspects are sway bar bushings and control arm bushings.. Then maybe I might need good alignment. Any ideas??

    Btw, I can notice from afar that my altis seems "lowered" on the driver side (maybe because most of the time, I drive alone and all the weight is on my side). How can I get this back to normal height? Replace coil springs?
    Last edited by kafph2000; July 4th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,052
    #2326
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    ^Cat, kumho ecsta. Bang for the buck tire. From the reviews i get, it has good grip.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Where can I buy this?

    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    We chose the Bridgestone Turanza for reduced noise and comfort. Huge difference from the stock Dunlops, specially in SLEX. A little expensive at P 6k+ each. Had to replace all 4 because we rotated tires so the wear was even on all 4, used it for 35k+ kms. First time to ride in the highway already made the purchase worth it!
    Where did you buy yours?

    I heard goodyear is not good na daw? Hehe

    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,417
    #2327
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    Hi Guys, it's good to be back and I will be needing your help as well. I still have this clunking sound on the front end of the car and it's getting worse. I already replaced ball joints, stabilizer link, and the tie rod ends but the noise remains.. I can hear it from both sides. Then nowadays, I can already feel bump steers. For example in edsa,when I go over bumpy portions, the steering wheel veers left. What could be the culprit of this? I've done my research, and my suspects are sway bar bushings and control arm bushings.. Then maybe I might need good alignment. Any ideas??

    Btw, I can notice from afar that my altis seems "lowered" on the driver side (maybe because most of the time, I drive alone and all the weight is on my side). How can I get this back to normal height? Replace coil springs?
    my suspect? your front shocks and/or the rubber bushings/donuts, need replacement.

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,417
    #2328
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What are good replacement tires for out 10th gen? My car turned 4 yrs old na and I need to have the tires replaced na. Do I really need to replace all 4
    do the tread wear patterns suggest all four tires need be replaced? kuripot ako, and i will use all means to extend my usage of yon tires.. but i always replace worn tires, in pairs.
    however, i am not sure just how many years for the rubber to turn brittle...

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    358
    #2329
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my suspect? your front shocks and/or the rubber bushings/donuts, need replacement.
    Thanks sir for the reply. I forgot to mention that I first replaced my struts. It was two years ago. Which rubber bushings/donuts were you referring to?

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,417
    #2330
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    Thanks sir for the reply. I forgot to mention that I first replaced my struts. It was two years ago. Which rubber bushings/donuts were you referring to?
    the ones atop the shocks..
    but since you say they are only 2 years old...

    when my CV rubber boot sprung a leak and i lost lubrication, i started hearing an intermittrent metal-to-metal toktok sound.. replacement of the boot and adding lubrication, solved the problem.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]