New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 219 of 357 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Hop on to another Altis and notice if the NVH levels are the same. If it isn't, then you might have a "hole" where outside noise comes through the cabin.

Unfortunately, insulation isn't just a one-trick pony and it's expensive as an endeavor. Best to simply "go up a class" if you're seeking better NVH levels because NVH control starts at the very chassis and how the vehicle is constructed.

A sound deadener's primary purpose isn't to deaden sound really. It's to lower a panel's resonant frequency (for those into car audio) so it rattles at a lower and less offensive frequency. The magic in NVH insulation is that you need to create a "bubble" to isolate the cabin from the outside world. MLV deadeners may marginally help by plugging in "holes" and absorbing a certain amount of noise, but don't expect drastic changes. But in the event you really want to go this route, you deaden three key areas: the firewall, the floor, and the tire walls.
    Thanks for your replies... I will consider this suggestion as well as the sound deadener.

I am thinking if this is just because I just came from the toll gate together with the 2 jeepneys and both are accelerating... It was actually my passenger who observed it as he was checking if there were windows open... I also drive a Mazda 3 2.0 and it is much quieter as compared to the City more so to the new Altis...

Is sound deadener available in the casa? Maybe I can ask them when I have my first 1000KM checkup.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Litz466 View Post
    Hi Toyota fans,

I'm a newbie here and I just have a question. My Altis 10.5 Gen is just 2 days ago. I observed that it is much noisier compared to my City. When I was in Cavitex this morning, I was beside 2 jeepneys, I thought that one of the windows was open, but upon checking, they are tightly closed.

How can we improve the insulation of the new Altis to reduce the noise from outside?

Thanks!
    are you sure you need more insulation? is it just possible, that the two jeepneys were noisier than average?
    observe the car for a few more days, sir..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    are you sure you need more insulation? is it just possible, that the two jeepneys were noisier than average?
    observe the car for a few more days, sir..

This is possible cause it happened to me once. I thought a window was open since mas malakas yung sound. Turns out sobra lakas ng tunog ng makina nung jeepney when I slightly lowered my window to check.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Litz466 View Post
    Thanks for your replies... I will consider this suggestion as well as the sound deadener.

I am thinking if this is just because I just came from the toll gate together with the 2 jeepneys and both are accelerating... It was actually my passenger who observed it as he was checking if there were windows open... I also drive a Mazda 3 2.0 and it is much quieter as compared to the City more so to the new Altis...

Is sound deadener available in the casa? Maybe I can ask them when I have my first 1000KM checkup.
    I don't think casas have it, but you can easily find one in any reputable car shops. I suggest though that you observe first for a few more weeks (since it's holiday season :P, you'll have plenty of time). If you still find it unsettling then have it checked in casa since it's brand new, it might just be the weatherstripping or any minor "open holes". Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    I don't think casas have it, but you can easily find one in any reputable car shops. I suggest though that you observe first for a few more weeks (since it's holiday season :P, you'll have plenty of time). If you still find it unsettling then have it checked in casa since it's brand new, it might just be the weatherstripping or any minor "open holes". Cheers!
    Thank you, I will observe this holiday especially when I long drive it. I really observe the difference, contrary to what I read here, everybody say's its quite.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    hi po pa help naman bago lang po ako dito at im planning to buy my first car sana plan ko po bumili ng altis but second hand muna kaso which is which medyo hindi pa kasi ako marunong interms sa car po *_* sana ma help nyu ako
    eto yung pinag pipilian ko:

Toyota Altis 2005 1.8e automatic (top of the line) - 340k
    Toyota Altis 2006 1.6e automatic - 320k
    ano po yung pinag kaiba ng top of the line? tska alin po sa kanila yung pipiliin ko. para pag pumunta kami sasama ko na yung mekaniko para patingin if ok yung car.
    sensya na po na pa ka noob question.
    TIA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Ano ung odo reading nung dalawang atis sir?

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Ano ung odo reading nung dalawang atis sir?

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums
    ay sorry po sir diko nalagay mileage nila
    Toyota Altis 2005 1.8e automatic (top of the line) - 340k - mileage : 70k+
    Toyota Altis 2006 1.6e automatic - 320k - mileage : 80k+
    girl po pala ako

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Reminder: Text speak is not allowed at the Forum

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Just sharing guys baka need nyo. Sa toyota otis to, I don't know if this is reasonable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]