New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 215 of 357 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd wait for the new one already if your budget can take the possibly higher price and lower discounts. If the price goes up, expect maybe a 10K to 20K increase from the list price of the current model.

My bro-in-law bought his Vios, brand new, in 2007 when the last gen was just launched and that time he was just starting med school. Ngayon licensed physician na siya and the 6-year old car still serves its purpose for him and he has no plans to replace it yet at this point in time.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'd wait for the new one already if your budget can take the possibly higher price and lower discounts. If the price goes up, expect maybe a 10K to 20K increase from the list price of the current model.

My bro-in-law bought his Vios, brand new, in 2007 when the last gen was just launched and that time he was just starting med school. Ngayon licensed physician na siya and the 6-year old car still serves its purpose for him and he has no plans to replace it yet at this point in time.

Thank you for this, sir. Question lang. For new models, do you think that the downpayment scheme would still be as flexible?

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myuushiyk View Post
    Hello Good Sirs. As you can see, based on my post count, I'm a newbie here sa forums but a longtime lurker. I would just like to ask for your advice. I'm currently a first year Med student, on the hunt for a new Sedan that I can use at least until my early career as a doctor (God willing) from four options, I narrowed it down to 2. And it's just between the incoming 11th generation of the Altis, and the current (10th gen) one.

As a med student, I have no means of earning yet, meaning the car will be sponsored by dear parents, which is the reason why Im actually thinking about settling for the current generation even though I am well aware of the impending release of the 11th gen. Money is not really a problem, but somehow you cant feel really confident about making a choice kung hindi sayo yung pera diba, sayang parin yung 100k difference :D

I have a few questions to ask.

Based on the past few model releases, is there really a significant price difference between the old generation and the incoming new generation of the altis?
    Will the downpayment schemes also be flexible as low as 150k+ perhaps?
    Is it a bad idea to buy the 10th generation at this point in time, where the next gen could be just 2-3 months away?
    Is it possible for the next generation altis to be released before the year ends (December)? Or should there at least be multiple hints going on right now if it were to be released next month?

Thank you so much in advance.
    As a med student, you don't need the car.. Kung iniisip mo talaga makatulong sa parents mo kahit well-off kayo, Spare them the hundred k's of car cost and maintenance.. And put the funds to your education.. 1st year ka pa lang, and you have a lot of mileage to go..

Pag naging doctor ka na naman, you can buy whatever car that you want.. Ang sakin lang naman eh practicality.. Kung med student ka pa lang, you would hardly use the car din..

Hirap ng problema ng mayaman noh? Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tsikot Car Forums

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Sent you a pm sir *romeocharlie :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myuushiyk View Post
    Hello Good Sirs. As you can see, based on my post count, I'm a newbie here sa forums but a longtime lurker. I would just like to ask for your advice. I'm currently a first year Med student, on the hunt for a new Sedan that I can use at least until my early career as a doctor (God willing) from four options, I narrowed it down to 2. And it's just between the incoming 11th generation of the Altis, and the current (10th gen) one.

As a med student, I have no means of earning yet, meaning the car will be sponsored by dear parents, which is the reason why Im actually thinking about settling for the current generation even though I am well aware of the impending release of the 11th gen. I guess financing it is not really a problem (although hindi cash basis yung pag purchase) but somehow you cant feel really confident about making a choice kung hindi sayo yung pera diba, sayang parin yung 100k difference :D

I have a few questions to ask.

Based on the past few model releases, is there really a significant price difference between the old generation and the incoming new generation of the altis?
    Will the downpayment schemes also be flexible as low as 150k+ perhaps?
    Is it a bad idea to buy the 10th generation at this point in time, where the next gen could be just 2-3 months away?
    Is it possible for the next generation altis to be released before the year ends (December)? Or should there at least be multiple hints going on right now if it were to be released next month?

Thank you so much in advance.
    I'll be getting the gen 10.5 altis 1.6V Altis next week. Kahit alam kong 1st quarter lalabas na all new T.Altis. 1st off, dealer gave me 70k plus lto and standard freebies Bank PO yun. So yung P960k na altis-v naging P890k nalang. Sakto sa budget ko na 900k max. Top of the line pa yun sa 1.6 variant. So im pretty much sure na hindi ako makakakuha ng ganoong deal sa allnew Altis this 2014 na V variant.

Probably mas maganda, new features and all kung sa bago ako. Pero im expecting price increase and kuripot discounts pag All-new. So inisip ko nalang yung matitipid kong 80-90k in the long run. Pogi din naman yung current altis compared sa 2014 model. So i guess ok na decision ko.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi,

My Dad's planning to upgrade the tires (or in my earnest hopes, rims as well) on my Mom's 10.5 Gen Altis V. The 10.5's relatively lower stance compared to the 9th Gen got her into some trouble with a ramp like construction structure a few days back. Sumayad yung likod kaya kelangang ipagawa yung bumper. Anyhow, enough about what happened, I also don't have the exact details...

So, my Dad's solution was to lift the ride height a bit with taller tires on stock rims. (Getting my Mom to be more wary of road conditions is a solution that won't probably come. Hehe!) He's planning to chuck the 205/55r16s and trade them in for taller tires - 205/60r16, I assume. I don't have much experience with 16s though. So my clarifications are:
    1) Is there such a size - 205/60r16 locally? And will it fit on stock tires without rubbing?
    2) If I get to upgrade to 17s, what's the size you guys on 17s use? Will 215/50r17 provide additional usable height?

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ 215/55R16 seems okay. If you go for 17s, gor for 215/50R17.

If you look at the tyre size calculator, the 205/55R16 rims is smaller in diameter versus the stock 195/65R15 of the lower model Altis. The 215/50R17s i put on mine is bigger than both and is quite okay (pero maingat pa rin ako sa mga dips and driveways).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ 215/55R16 seems okay. If you go for 17s, gor for 215/50R17.

If you look at the tyre size calculator, the 205/55R16 rims is smaller in diameter versus the stock 195/65R15 of the lower model Altis. The 215/50R17s i put on mine is bigger than both and is quite okay (pero maingat pa rin ako sa mga dips and driveways).
    With the calculator, the 215/55r16 was almost half an inch taller, the 60 series 0.8" taller and the 17" 0.6" taller in terms of overall diameter. Baka nga the 215/55r16 is the way to go, assuming there are available affordable tires. I'm curious as to the 17" though, but it seems there are not much 17" with 5x100 available. May I ask what the specs are on your 17s? Those Imprezza 17" oems are appealing to me. Hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    With the calculator, the 215/55r16 was almost half an inch taller, the 60 series 0.8" taller and the 17" 0.6" taller in terms of overall diameter. Baka nga the 215/55r16 is the way to go, assuming there are available affordable tires. I'm curious as to the 17" though, but it seems there are not much 17" with 5x100 available. May I ask what the specs are on your 17s? Those Imprezza 17" oems are appealing to me. Hehehe!
    I'd go for 215/55R16s also if i were using the OEM V rims.

Yes, it's a PITA to find a nice set of 5x100 17s especially if you want OEM. I went crazy looking for my OEM 5x100 17s. The first set i saw, i immediately left the office with no word to anyone to get it and when i arrived at the seller's shop, someone was just leaving with it... :rofl:

For OEM Toyota 17s, you have to find a surplus set that came from a Toyota wish. Mine looks exactly like the 2005 Camry 3.0 rims. Here's a set being sold on Sulit although the price is a bit on the high side. Toyota 5x100 Wish Wheels / Mags - Secondhand For Sale Philippines - 21100175

The Subaru 17s will fit but you will need spacers and i find the stance a little "bitin" based on those that i have seen. You need to find rims with an offset of +45 or less to clear the front caliper.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe! Well, actually, what ends up on the car depends on my Dad. Shempre, bigger is better at this point kaya I'm pushing him to try on 17s, but might end up with 16s. Nga lang, Dunlop 703s. Hmmm...

I saw those Wish Wheels, but am not into the design. I was being offered these rims, with a Toyota center cap. hehehe! Subaru rims pa din, but different car. Hahaha!

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]