New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hello!

I am a newbie member here - and I hope you will find time to help me out with my questions. Thanks in advance!

1) I am planning to sell my 2007 Toyota Altis 16E A/T which was mostly used for metro manila/city driving so mileage-to-date is only at 45k. Went to a Toyota dealer for appraisal - and possible trade-in - and was quoted a value of P250,000 to a maximum of P270,000. Is this a reasonable deal? The car is first-owned, with comprehensive insurance (acts of god included, therefore, the car has not been subject to flooding).

2) Inclined to get another Altis as replacement, and my husband and I are choosing between the 1.6G A/T and 1.6V A/T, the latter having keyless/smart entry feature. Any thoughts on these 2? The difference in price is not that big but the sideskirt in V is what I don't like - for it makes the car look sporty and masculine. We are leaning towards getting another Toyota for cheaper maintenance and durability, as we intend to keep the car for another 5 years or so; though to be honest we are also looking at the Grand Livina which appeals to us visually :-) Just worried about the high maintenance costs plus the service center accessibility of Nissan. I also see some web articles circulating that a new Altis will be available by December, if so, then it makes sense to wait. The new car will mostly be used by 2 people only - me and my husband.

Greatly appreciate - and anticipate - your replies on these. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, an Altis 1.6E still costs around 350-370k sa market.
    mababa talaga ang appraisal pag trade in... kailangan din kasi nilang magpatong pag binenta nila.

on your new choice, I would still go for the G... pero why replace an altis with an altis with almost the same body? antayin nyo na lang yung bagong lalabas.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thank you for your time! Parang ngayon nga we're inclined to wait for the new altis. Totoo kaya na within the year lalabas din sya? Para din we will not be rushed into selling the current altis ng basta-basta, since sobrang naalagaan naman sya. Yung nissan grand livina ba mahal maintenance even if brand new? Im reading conflicting comments about nissan being more expensive to maintain tapos yung iba naman saying this is not true.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have nissan, toyota, and lancer. they have about similar price range in parts and maintenance cost. nothing outrageous in their price differences.. besides, we don't buy parts every other week now, do we? by the time you have to buy a part, nalimutan mo na kung gaano kamahal yung huli mong binili..
    but toyota does have the edge in repair convenience, because there is a bigger market for toyota parts, and thus, more sources and more knowledge.. supply and demand rules..
    convenience and price of re-selling, toyota also shines in this dept. i am sure you can get a better deal if you sell your older car yourself. mabili yan, especially at 250K...
    a few months ago, we knew the new vios would be coming out soon, because toyota was brandishing additional significant discounts in its going-out model. they'll probably do the same when the new altis is about to come in..
    now, why would i get the new altis to replace my older altis? mebbe it's because i was so satisfied with the older one, i am scared to try out the alternatives..
    nissan grand livina? why? do you really need all that luggage space? (i would! i'm a dad, with two boys into the biggest sports bags you can imagine..)
    Last edited by dr. d; August 12th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sayang naman car mo. It can easily lasts you another 5 years. Especially you're the first owner and knowing that you maintained it well. Regarding with the V trim of the outgoing model, i wouldn't worry much with the side skirt. It doesn't necessarily mean masculine. More fluidity lang maybe but it makes the car more decent IMO. What i'll be worrying about with the outgoing models is with the front bumper. Takaw sayad msyado. Have a 10th gen, and i can't drive it like our old corolla love life. Lahat ng ramps at potholes kailangan iwasan or ingatan. Kasi baka sumayad ang front bumper mo. :|

I'll wait for the upcoming model if i were you. Pero kung about 100k or more ang discount, baka mapadalawang isip ako. Hehe.

If you live in a not so floody area, why not try honda jazz?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you were quoted 250K for the trade-in, add around 50K or so to that for your selling price.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thank you for all your replies!
    Yes, we love our current Altis that's why we're more inclined to get another one again as replacement. Honda jazz is nice, though Altis has that simplicity and elegance that I really like. And we dont need the extra seats nga like what Dr. D said so maybe the GL should be out of the options. Magagamit lang sya when my sibs come home once a year at kailangan magsundo sa airport, but for the rest of the time, capacity will just be for 2 people.
    Better nga to direct sell the car instead, so we can cut the layers. I just thought of the trade-in thinking na baka less hassle sya than to talk to a direct buyer -- like in facilitating docs needed. Obviously wanting to make the sale as smooth and less taxing from our end as possible.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    if you will be replacing your car with a similar size (or smaller), better wag muna kayo magpalit, unless hindi na po kayo happy sa performance ng current ride nyo.

or wait for a good offer (dont sell ng palugi), ung new car lagi naman yan available sa showroom.

but if you need to replace because you need a bigger car, justified po ung reason.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I suggest you get the Corolla TRD Sportivo. It only comes with Automatic Transmission, has 17" wheels and side skirts with all the extra badging and cost only 10k more than a 1.6G AT. If you are to sell your car, sell it now. I assume that's the 1st gen (last facelift) facelifted Altis. The value of your car will further plunge upon the arrival of the upcoming all new Altis. Why the TRD Sportivo? Aside from the added kits for less, limited edition models also commands a bit more come selling time.

This is how the Corolla TRD Sportivo looks like: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    good day! if u still consider selling ur old altis pls msg me at 09234082131. im currently looking for a well maintaind 1 and if its ok with u i can go check it out and maybe we could reach a deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast