New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    hello...im a newbie here i really enjoy this site..i dont know if i really shoiuld be asking questions here bcoz my vehicle is an assembled wrangler...Yesterday i was able to get up to 120kph on the star tollway here in batangas..my engine is a 2.2lt toyota L engine...can i get more speed out of this engine?my wrangler is one of those long ones not the short model..it has and i think it has a toyota 8" differential...where planning to change it with a 2lt with an automatic tranny for my younger sis..any suggestion?any reactions?it would be greatly appreciated...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    hello...i just got back yesterday from laguna i was able to get my assembled wrangler up to 120 kph it has a toyota 2.2lt 1L engine..can i get more speed ot of this engine?i belive it has a toyota 8" differential...i dont know if i should be asking questions here because my vehicle is only assembled..we are also planning to put a 2Lt engine in with auto trans for my younger sis...any suggestion?reactions?it would be greatly appreciated...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    My previous pick up, a hilux with a 2L Turbo engine manages up to 130kph along the highways. but i go no more than that. the 2L Turbo engine has the tendency to overheat.

send a pm to jeepcruiserph in this forum. he owns a jeep with a 2L turbo engine on it with a pto winch. maybe he'll have more suggestions and comments than i do.

check on your differential bro, 4.88 siguro differential mo. You can get faster with a 4.11 or a 3.75 differential.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by quindoyos

check on your differential bro, 4.88 siguro differential mo. You can get faster with a 4.11 or a 3.75 differential.
    Hindi ba 'yon hihina sa akyatan or arangkada kung gagawing 4.11 or 3.75 ang diff?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hihina asa arangkada at akyatan, pero mabilis naman pag rekta.

depende sa needs mo, pag di ka naman offroader mag differ ka na mas malapait sa 1:1

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    i remember before when i first bought my wrangler it had a highspeed differential but grabe ang bagal...walang kwntang gamitin hehehe...yun binalik namin sa kasa pinalitan ng low speed differential...nung pinalitan ang lakas sa arangkada...talo nga ang mga 4K na ownerjeep...ano kaya kung lakihan ko yung exhaust diameter?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01
    Hindi ba 'yon hihina sa akyatan or arangkada kung gagawing 4.11 or 3.75 ang diff?

definitely hihina sa akyatan but for a toyota 2LT engine with 4.11 differentials, di naman maiiwan sa arangkada. Think this is the stock differential for the hilux. Yung bungo ng differential nya is about 8 inches, similar to that to the hilux.

sir yellowjip is more concerned of getting more speed out of his jeep rather than increasing climb or offroad capability. (see his first 2 posts in this thread)
    how about checking if your engine is in tip top condition before proceeding with some modifications? your engine is pretty powerful for a jeep na, IMHO.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    yup i think i reached the limit on my jeep in terms of speed and in terms of safety...but it is very stable even in high speeds...and a reminder my engine is only a toyota 1L 2.2lt not 2.4 liter...im planning to increase exshaust diameter...what size do you think is the best?when i added a freeflow muffler it sounded like a jeepney but it felt like it had more power...my engine is in good condition i believe in proper maitenance...i change oil religiously every three months...

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    meron akong LC40 na naka 2LT. all the drivetrain is taken from a toyota surf/4runner with 4.88 diffs. With 31 in 15x8.5wheels,my top speed sa patag is about 125-130kph sagad na yun cguro nasa 4-4.2k rpm and nakakatakot itakbo ang 40series pag ganun na kabilis. ang hina ng 2LT off boost pero once mag kick in na yung turbo its a different story. mas malakas pa sa hilux namin with a 3L. pero ayoko sa makinang iyak ng iyak just to have good power so i switched sa LC40 ko with 3B 4 speed with 4.11 diffs on 31 on 15x7wheels .sobrang relaxed sounding tong makinang to. pero mababa topspeed 110-120lang. that's when I shifted to a GQ patrol best of both worlds na. very good torque sa low speed and very very capable and stable sa highspeeds.

It think its better to install a B engine sa jeep mo. 2B or 3B with 5 speed. mas malakas pa to sa 2LTE or 3L. kung gusto mo retain transmission n diffs mo, lagyan mo nalang 5L i think mas malakas pa to sa 3B.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir protrek thanks for the info...do they already have surplus toyota 5L engines?well in the future whrn i get a job and have my own money i want to assemble a wrangler with toyota 4x4 engine..what engine do you prefer?it would be one of those long wranglers...aircon...im really in love with 4x4s in particular with landcruisers and wranglers...i love toyota diesels they might not be fast but have plenty of tourqe dont u think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota 1L 2.2lt top speed?