New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

after you free it with wd40, meron mas magandang lubricant na hindi nadra-dry. silicone lubricant spray, meron nyan sa hardwares like ace, handyman and concorde.
    Ano brand yun bro yebo?

Haay nabawasan na worries ko, akala ko malaking problema ba. Later i'll buy wd40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    hindi kaya ung key ang may problema sir? baka may sira o bali na ang ngipin.
    Tried the spare key, ganun pa din. Yan din unang hinala ko.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Bros LSB and Yebo

I forgot to ask, is it safe to do that?
    Wala ba electrical loob ng ignition?
    Baka mag loose nga kaso magkaron naman bagong problem dahil may nabasa sa loob ng ignition.

Your urgent reply is highly appreciated.

TIA!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    puno ng electrical contacts ang ignition switch. do not worry, wd40 and the silicone spray are nonconducting.

forget ko na brand ng silicone spray, but if i remember correctly it has a light green paper label on it. meron ako lagi sa car but i am overseas now so di ko ma-check.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    puno ng electrical contacts ang ignition switch. do not worry, wd40 and the silicone spray are nonconducting.

forget ko na brand ng silicone spray, but if i remember correctly it has a light green paper label on it. meron ako lagi sa car but i am overseas now so di ko ma-check.
    Thanks for that info, nag warning kasi team mate ko dito baka daw electrical naman ang masira.

Salamat bro.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

AFAIK, the mechanical and the electrical bits of the ignition are seperate. In Mercedes Benzes at least. The key cylinder connects to the ignition rotary switch via a metallic slot, these two then go into a cylindrical container where both are held in place. So even if one "overlubes" the key cylinder, no grounding will happen.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

AFAIK, the mechanical and the electrical bits of the ignition are seperate. In Mercedes Benzes at least. The key cylinder connects to the ignition rotary switch via a metallic slot, these two then go into a cylindrical container where both are held in place. So even if one "overlubes" the key cylinder, no grounding will happen.
    this is correct.. same with japanese and korean cars the ignition switch is a separate assembly from the key fob... i suspect a foreign material got its way inside the key slot, try to blow it with compressed air.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    hindi kaya ung key ang may problema sir? baka may sira o bali na ang ngipin.
    thats is the most probable case, worn out key... why not try the spare key if the issue is still the same (i hope the spare key is in good condition)... if it is still the same, the ignition key hole needs to be replaced...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Brother called me, wa-epek wd40. Stuck talaga.
    He tried the spare key ayaw din talaga.
    Told him just leave his car sa office, we'll have it towed tomorrow morning.

The question is where to bring the car?
    Any shop you can recommend?
    I hope yun walang horror story.

Banawe / manila area

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Update lang:

Due to worn out keys nga, wala problem ignition nung oto. I called a locksmith that specializes automobile, on the spot he removed the ignition, made new set of keys out of it. Problem solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Stuck Ignition, Can't Start the Engine