New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    lahat ng parts ng oto merom marks. try to remove your bumpers. meron din yan. even the outside case of your ecu will have some sort of marking.

pati yung plastic na engine cover. tignan mo sa ilalim. malamang meron din.

mine does.

its not bothering me either. its just plastic.

just a question though, what answer do you expect from them ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    I am in Visayas, I have tried to ask Toyota Philippines through email, but no response, even the mobile no. shown in their web page is unattended.

All the parts are standarized, each has its part no. no need to do any marking by hand unless something unusual is noted, and if a fault was found in a particular part, worker can get a replacement easily, no need to mark it and put it back.

The most suspicious/possible place where the marking was placed is the local dealer's workshop, if I go to ask them, the answer can only be perfunctory.

Note: Please write in English, I can't read Tagalog.
    i did say, "plant". not outlet, casa, salesroom, nor repair shop.
    i meant the facility that assembled the vehicle.
    and yes, my experience with company email and so-called dedicated phone lines, is also not happy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Note that these parts arrive at the assembly plant in container vans and pallets. It's not unusual for checkers, even when an electronic inventory system using RFIDs and barcode readers are being used, to put human-readable notes on hidden surfaces of parts. It doesn't always mean there's a flaw. Sometimes they write this on the first or top-most part of a pile of parts.

Now, if there was indeed a problem with the part during manufacturing and the mark was a symbol for "reject" (ie. paint blemish, over-spray, etc.), it may likely have been re-done. If not, it will show upon inspection.

But try to put things into perspective. The part in the picture where the writings are isn't a critical component. And if it makes you feel any better, you can just do an inspection to validate if there's indeed a hidden problem with it.
    Last edited by oj88; February 3rd, 2015 at 05:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^Basically that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    All the parts are standarized, each has its part no. no need to do any marking by hand unless something unusual is noted, and if a fault was found in a particular part, worker can get a replacement easily, no need to mark it and put it back.
    Having a simple delivery date on parts in a bin helps ensure that they use earlier batches first and don't mix them up on the line.

And if the marking means there's a defect... that's a bumper. If your theory is correct, then there should be a paint defect on the outside of the X.

Is there? Is it noticeable? From the pictures, it looks like a perfectly straight, perfectly smooth plastic bumper cover, to me. I wouldn't lose any sleep at all over it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    This reminded me of our Fortuner which got flooded by Ondoy. When we got the car back from Toyota Pasig, halos lahat ng panels may markings. These douches marked them with the plate number of the car. Ok sana kung madaling tanggalin kaso ginamit nila permanent marker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123