New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Personally dadi vlad yes, Pagka kasi naka-apak tayo sa clutch pedal (disenganged) bale naka bitaw ang clutch disk sa flywheel therefore mas magaana ng ikot during start up so magaaang trabaho para starter.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ngek! ako naman na double post :surprised::surprised:
    Last edited by XTO; July 18th, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    di ba po ba pag naka neutral sa M/T parang depressed din yung clutch? me difference ba sa behaviour nila? ty

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kumagbehota View Post
    di ba po ba pag naka neutral sa M/T parang depressed din yung clutch? me difference ba sa behaviour nila? ty
    Like XTO mentioned, kapag inapakan mo yung clutch, madidis-engage ang clutch/transmission (kahit nasa neutral) from the flywheel, kaya may konting bawas pa sa load ng makina. Para bang you're milking it for every last ounce that you can save on the load that it has to "carry" while starting.

Kumbaga sa laptop, you'd prefer to carry a 2.5lb unit over a 2.6lb one, kahit maliit na bagay na yung 0.1lb na difference.

HTH...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    di ba yun city ganyan din? may sequence ang pag-start...

i remember when my dad was teaching me how to drive he always reminded me to step on the on the clutch before i start the engine. this was my routine when i was still driving a stick shift:

1. step on the clutch and brake
    2. put the gear on neutral
    3. start the engine
    4. release the clutch and brake

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Most other-market models especially newer ones have the safety feature as standard. Since price is of great concern back in the home country and importation taxes jack up the prices and such, most of these options are removed so we all get the "reduced" versions.

In the US the safety feature has been around for a long time (probably a decade already, or more). However, it is highly recommended for training and safety purposes to step on the clutch before you start a manual transmission equipped vehicle. Just make sure the handbrake and foot brake are engaged, because some people have the rather bad habit of not engaging the handbrake, but use the transmission as a means to lock the car in place. Stepping on the brake and clutch before turning the key is the ideal way of starting a manual transmission vehicle.

In some markets, you can't turn the key if the clutch pedal has not been depressed.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It’s partly enganged pa rin by a fraction mm. – depending on the adjustment, while disenganging it will provide the needed room from the flywheel to spin lightly at least

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ma-try nga ito mamaya sa avanza namin. pansin ko, medyo shaky sya pag di naka-apak sa clutch. tingnan ko kung may difference...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Zero View Post
    di ba yun city ganyan din? may sequence ang pag-start...

i remember when my dad was teaching me how to drive he always reminded me to step on the on the clutch before i start the engine. this was my routine when i was still driving a stick shift:

1. step on the clutch and brake
    2. put the gear on neutral
    3. start the engine
    4. release the clutch and brake
    HA-ha-ha....Sorry bud, but i just could not help myself on this...kasi ganun din ang sabi ko sa anak at pamangkin ko nung tinuruan ko sila mag-drive. It's just to make sure that a newbie does not start the engine while the gear is engage. Normal un na pagnamatay ang engine or naka para, the newbie forgets to put the gear on neutral.

As for stepping on the clutch before starting the engine, Ploy lang ng dealer yan to show that the car is new pero actually, niratrat na nila yan.
    Ever notice all the new cars in the dealers and running around Manila pero wala ka naman makitang car transporter na nag deliver mula assembly plant to dealer? Wonder how these cars got to the dealer's showroom?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hahaha . i will likely tell my kid the same thing when i teach him how to drive. it's good practice. that was some 12-13 years ago pero pag nag drive siguro ako ngayon ganyan pa rin ang gagawin ko

matindi talaga mag drive yan mga nagdadala sa dealer. kawawa naman yun bibili. lagi ako nakakakita mga Kia sedan sa SLEX. usually may black tape ang emblem saka model tapos nananahi ng kalsada.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Stepping on Clutch before starting your Vios