New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it a part-time 4wd or the full-time 4wd as in other markets? and may diff locks ba siya like in the US version?

wala lang... rode in a friend's LC80 this morning and i didn't see any C/D lock buttons or diff lock switches, and i was a bit surprised na walang center console; the handbrake lever, shifter, and transfer case lever (marked H-N-L-L4?) were sprouting off the carpet on the floor hehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mbt,
    Local version LC80 is part-time 4wd, manual locking hubs and no diff locks. Transfer case with H-N-L only. Basic but does the job.

Anyone with an LC80/100 experiencing a rattling noise from their transmission that disappears when you depress the clutch pedal? Is this a lack of lubrication on the clutch fork mechanism or a release bearing problem? Noise seems louder when the engine is hot.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah... wala palang full-time 4wd yung local LC80s? i thought they were

4. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    i think it has a 160hp diesel engine. and can seat 10 people...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang dressed-up base model ang local release ng LC80 dito so walang fancy 4WD system at center console. Even the seats are similar to base model LC80's.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    Anyone with an LC80/100 experiencing a rattling noise from their transmission that disappears when you depress the clutch pedal? Is this a lack of lubrication on the clutch fork mechanism or a release bearing problem? Noise seems louder when the engine is hot.
    Its likely a release bearing problem if the noise is like a loud ringing sound when the clutch is not pressed down. That was the problem we experienced before.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    vinj,
    Thanks.
    Did you have to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate or just the release bearing? Did the noise ever come back with the new release bearing? How many kms travelled when you replaced it?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll try to dig up the old casa papers (if i can find them) to check what was replaced. All i remember was the release bearing was the culprit according to my tito (and this was 4 years ago). The noise disappeared and it's still OK till when i drove the car a couple of months back.

From what i remember, the odo was somewhere in the range of around 30-40+ thou km that time. Now, the car only has around 60K on the odo.

From experience (with two LC80's), the achilles heel always seemed to be the clutch. When it's driven hard (i.e. passing then shifting at high RPM's), the stock clutch really takes a beating with the turbo.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    vinj,
    Thanks.
    I've complained about the noise since 2 yrs ago and it's only now that the dealer is doing something about it after writing a strong letter to Toyota Phil. They're not absolutely sure it's the release bearing (other possibilities mentioned were pivot bearing on clutch fork, loose damper springs on clutch disc) so they want me to change all the parts, ie, pressure plate, clutch disc, release bearing- all parts for my account!

I've seen the clutch parts they removed and they still look good for another 40Tkm (only done 25Tkm) so i'm asking them to replace the release bearing only. Hope this solves the problem.

On mobil gear oil- Have you ever tried mobil SHC 75w90 synthetic gear oil for diffs, transfer and gear box?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No feedback on trying Mobil for the gearbox and Diff. As long as it fits in or exceeds the recommended specs for the LC then it should do fine and Mobil is considered to be agood brand (this is also my weapon of choice for our rides).

I would also suggest that you change the parts one by one, however the penalty you might get from this is the labor charge for taking down the clucth everytime you do so. Maybe you can try work out a deal with the casa for that. IMO, it is a typical casa mentality to change all the PROBABLE parts without trying first to get it on a step-by-stepo basis.

You could also go get a second opinion on the clutch from another shop. Try Kartek in SanJuan (Santolan rd., near Ortigas/Pasadena). The service manager there used to work with Toyota Shaw (as well as some of the mechanics) so he knows some good bits on Toyotas (mahal lang yung parts nila so i usually source my parts from outside).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
specs of local Land Cruiser 80?