New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Check engine vacuum with a reliable vacuum gauge both with engine cold and at normal operating temperature at idle speed. You might have a VSV (vacuum switching valve ) induced intake manifold leak.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    November 2014? How far has the car traveled since then? You should get a tune-up perhaps once a year if you don't rack up high mileages. Before, i'd check the timing and spark plugs (if using copper tipped) every 10,000kms.

Have the MAF sensor cleaned also.
    Around 9000kms already.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    How much na ngayon magpa tune up ng ECU?any recommended place?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Guys should i go for shell vracing nitro with 97 octane or the petron blaze 100?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Anyone? Hope to receive replies soon

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    having the same noise.

changing to a higher octane gas did not improve. may tope parin.

mine is avanza matic. already ask toyota yun culprit daw is pangit gas naten.

ive notice pag malamig pa engine, wala naman tope pero pag matagal na sa road ayun na. irritating yun sound!

any suggestion?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Anyone? Hope to receive replies soon
    sir bail manual or matic transmission ng kotse nyo?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Car is running smoothly at first but once it gets hot or if the car stays on the road for more than an hour ive notice rattling sound from the hood everytime i step on the gas pedal. Car although does not lose power but the sound is annoying. Theres no sound when the car is idle. Cant seem to find the cause of it. Im using corolla 1997 gli 1.6 with 110k mileage. Please help. Thanks
    it will be best to visit a trusted mechanic. You may just need a car tuneup or something else. If you don't have a trusted one yet, try to shop around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12