New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Experience ng mga taxi drivers... Di na daw matibay ang underchassis ng Corolla and Vios compared to old Corollas.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    candidate ito sa thread na "overrated car in the Philippines"

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Experience ng mga taxi drivers... Di na daw matibay ang underchassis ng Corolla and Vios compared to old Corollas.
    Not sure kung gaano katibay ang underchassis nung lumang corollas but so far okay naman ang underchassis ng corolla ko. Its just that ang dami mong maririnig na dribbling sound sa ilalim. Parang may laban ng basketball parati.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yung di lang naman matibay (from what I've heard, so far) is the shock absorbers... too soft.

But then again, it's soft shock absorbers that ruined the Sentra's reputation nearly twenty years ago...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shock absorbers can be easily remedied by replacing with good gas shocks. From experience, mahina talaga shocks from thailand. This is not isolated to toyota vehicles only.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I stand corrected, it's not such a bad deal compared to the outgoing Altis 'E' spec. Basically the new 'E' spec is a tiny bit cheaper than the outgoing version, but the outgoing version had two airbags and digital climate control.

Versus... presumably a larger cabin and better NVH?

I don't know how large the cabin is, all compacts have been growing over the years. The Mazda3 (which is infamous I believe as having the smallest room of the compacts) is larger and heavier than the 626.

So if this new Altis is Corona-size or larger, yes, it will sell. But not having an AT on the 'E' spec will certainly turn off a lot of potential buyers.

I suspect (I can't verify for certain) that the bulk of 'E' spec Altis sold are AT; those who can live with the MT got the 'J' spec.

The price of the top-end model is ridiculous though. 1.1M! presyong Mazda6 (outgoing) or Focus TDCi. I don't doubt the interior is grand (the Focus interior is not grand at all...) but compared to the Mazda6? the Mazda6 interior is to drool for, I wish I had one...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yung 1.1m na price na yun bibilin ko kung sana yung 2.0 na makina ng camry or rav 4 ang nilagay nila

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If im gonna buy one, I'll just get the 1.6V variant. AFAIK, 1 airbag lang yung outgoing E model. We have one but its a 2003 model. Not sure kung dual na yung newer models.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Interior wise, the 1.8 V has much better plastic than the Focus... slightly better design... but the leather is nowhere near as nice. I think the Focus has better seats, too... but I can't be sure unless I have them side by side.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    mahal nga with the price range of the 1.6G model you can already have the civic 1.8 S model with 1.8 engine, dual airbags, abs, ebd with brake assist and rear solid disc. imo mas features pack pa ang civic plus a big engine and good fuel economy.
    Feature for feature the Civic may win handsdown, but I really hate the looks of the Civic, for me its the 2nd ugliest car on the road next to the ever ugly City. So for the minority like me the Altis will still be my choice even if it only has a 1.6 engine.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
The Philippine Launch of the 2008 Corolla Altis