New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Really depends on the distance/road you travel. Depends on the term "city use" for you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IF you drive inside Cebu City then that is a lot of stop-and-go traffic from my experience. Try to adjust your driving habits as well. ;)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is this an automatic? Then it's normal.

Consider this:

If you drive at 60 km/h on the highway, you can get 15 km/l. Using 4 liters per hour.

You're averaging around 20 km/h in traffic... you're getting 6 km/l... which is also about 4 liters per hour.

Of course, it's never an exact calculation... but then, you can never exactly calculate fuel economy in traffic based on highway economy, because traffic gives you the added problems of driveline drag (transmission), heat soak (which saps engine power) and jackrabbit starts (acceleration uses much more fuel than cruising).

This all above and beyond the fact that at 0 km/h, you're getting 0 km/l.

Same message I give to those who think their i10 is too "gas guzzly"... take it on a long trip... no traffic. If it doesn't at least hit 14-16 km/l when driven at 80 km/h on the NLEX, then you can complain. I don't think you have the same kind of roads in CEBU, but you can always RoRo to Bohol and go on a vacation drive...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Alright guys. Thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated! I am less worried now ;)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by josefarrugia View Post
    Alright guys. Thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated! I am less worried now ;)
    Wag ka na mag-worry. Ganyan talaga kasi bago pa. Yung Altis namin nakaabot pa nga ng mga bandang 5.0++ km/l isang beses. Although stop-and-go driving lang kasi palagi tsaka nakaka-300 kms pa lang nung makita ko. It will gradually improve. Ngayong lampas 500 kms na yung amin, umakyat na sa 7.0++ yung FC. Mababa pa rin, but it's improving. Pagtapos ng 1K PMS mo marami mag-iimprove, like yung performance tsaka fuel consumption.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yep. Usually kapag bago yung car, I've noticed medyo malakas kumain ng gas.

06 Civic 1.8S AT = 7-8KM/L when we bought it. Now doing somewhere in between 8-8.5KM/L
    --pure metro manila driving and no highways (EDSA/C5 doesn't count when you're always in the Mandaluyong/Ortigas/Pasig/Makati area).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    yup normal lang yan after 1k daw mag iimprove na sya.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hahaha sir, i thought my Vios is a guzzler too.. 1.5G AT. Just went pass a thousand kilometers and i realized i just didnt know how to use the trip computer. If you really wanna know how much is your actual average km/l, you have to reset it before a trip.

before i was averaging 6km/l i thought, but then when i learned how to properly use it, im consistently getting 9.5-10.5km/l mix 80% city and 20% highway driving. I expect to improve it after the 1K pms.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last night, I gas up at Shell Kasing-kasing in Kamias. After the fill up, i notcied my gauge didnt change, but sometimes the Vios' trip computer lags in recalculating for about a couple of minutes, makikita mo na lang na nagbago once you are moving. Kaso, nakarating na ako sa bahay... Wala pa din, even its range didnt change at all. Dinaya kaya ako ng gas station o sira yung MID ng Vios ko? Natatakot tuloy ako, kabago-bago tapos baka sira, wag naman sana.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Vios 1.5G Mileage