New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    please help! had my new car , vios '10,hit by this metal guard post at a mall in ortigas while trying to park.it left a scratch on the paint of the rear door to the point na kita na metal plus a dent of about 25 cents big. i went immediately to big berts ortigas for some advice and the guy said dalin na lang sa casa. what should i do?? my contract with toyota says that all repairs must be with the casa but i'm pressed with my budget. what should i do?? please help.i know it should be repaired asap so that it won't rust. this is my first car and super newbie po ako sa ganitong bagay. thank you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jan0806 View Post
    please help! had my new car , vios '10,hit by this metal guard post at a mall in ortigas while trying to park.it left a scratch on the paint of the rear door to the point na kita na metal plus a dent of about 25 cents big. i went immediately to big berts ortigas for some advice and the guy said dalin na lang sa casa. what should i do?? my contract with toyota says that all repairs must be with the casa but i'm pressed with my budget. what should i do?? please help.i know it should be repaired asap so that it won't rust. this is my first car and super newbie po ako sa ganitong bagay. thank you!

Covered ba yung ganito sa insurance ?

Anyways, most likely whole panel yung pipinturahan diyan, hence the whole door.

tama sila sa bigberts, go ka sa casa muna, insurance....bayad ka lang participation.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    covered naman yan ng insurance mo kung isang panel lang yan baka mga 3.5k lang ang babayaran mo

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    baka kaw na rin magbayad ng total cost kung less than P4k ang total cost. Participation usually is from P3k to P6k depending on insurance company.

financing ba? toyota may in-house insurance naman and financing...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jan0806 View Post

A typical repair & repaint would cost you P3000 to P4000 in most reputable places.

Downtime might be two to three days.

Insurance would be pointless since the participation would cost you the same amount of money as paying it yourself.

I suggest an outside body repair shop to do it.

The GOODYEAR branch at Santolan/Boni Serano near Crame does good and quick body repair work. Typical charge would be between P2,500 to P3,000 per panel depending on the work involved.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The GOODYEAR branch at Santolan/Boni Serano near Crame does good and quick body repair work. Typical charge would be between P2,500 to P3,000 per panel depending on the work involved.
    Which is cheaper ( usually ) than the participation fee that you are going to pay ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    thank you for all the replies. I might bring the car to casa and have it estimated if its too costly i might take the suggestion of ghosthunter and bring it to Goodyear and hopefully they can work on the dent plus the exact paint to use.Thermalyte kasi yung vios and so far when i went to ace hardware, according to their sale people, ala pang same color na binibenta.Any ideas po kung san ako makakahanap ng ganitong paint? for future use pero sana never mangyari.

to alwayz_yummy, yes financing yung car and any repair daw sa toyota lang dapat para di magkaproblem sa insurance.they were the one who provided me the insurance company.

mazingerZ, if less 4k kaya ko pa naman ata.

salamat sa mga replies uli! will go back and update what will happen. upload ko sana picture dito kaso it's taking so much time.

tama din si GH.. ask mo muna magkano participation fee vs pagawa mo sa labas.. chances are, masmaganda pa gawa sa labas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
metal guard post vs vios '10, pls help!