New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    At last the car is fixed. :D lakas ng hatak!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just read through the thread. Congrats! So was the wrong ECU the real culprit? Also, why was it changed in the first place?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    update naman sir sa anong naging fix. so Ondoy victim nga?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post
    Just read through the thread. Congrats! So was the wrong ECU the real culprit? Also, why was it changed in the first place?
    Yes ser ECU nga. Masakit sa bulsa but at least naayos din. Buti na lang pina-scan ko muna sa Toyota kung hindi baka napagastos ng hindi kelangan. But thanks to the rest of the guys who gave their input which led me decide to consult Toyota service first.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    update naman sir sa anong naging fix. so Ondoy victim nga?
    Yung pinanggalingan mismo ng car ang tinanong ko. Naki-cooperate naman and since it's a company may record sila ng history and according to them it's not flooded. Why ECU was changed, they said ask the dealer but when I asked the dealer they said they got it as is.

At least it's fixed now and I'm very pleased with it's condition.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    nice to hear your car is working well..

i have a question my corolla 4afe AT. pag engage ko sa D. may delay before yung 'thug'. i think delay around 2 to 3 seconds.

is this normal? i got this car 2nd hand and initial observation i'm just getting

only 5 to 6km per liter. is this normal?

thanks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gaano na katagal ATF fluid mo baka kailangan ng palitan kung dark brown na kulay . Iyong sa akin nang napalitan ko ATF fluid nawala na delay at malakas ng humatak . KUng magpapapalit ka ng ATF fluid palinis mo na iyong filter screen sa loob na sumasala ng dumi at maliit na metal debris.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kapapalit ko lang a month ago. pero yung basic palit lang . drain lang sa ilalim

tapos pour toyota aTF sa hole sa dipstick.

sa mga may 4afe efi engine. tama lang ba fuel consumption ko? 5 to 6km per liter.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was the correct type of ATF used for your car?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    kapapalit ko lang a month ago. pero yung basic palit lang . drain lang sa ilalim

tapos pour toyota aTF sa hole sa dipstick.

sa mga may 4afe efi engine. tama lang ba fuel consumption ko? 5 to 6km per liter.

Thanks
    Nitrox raises a good question. As far as I know, back in the 90s (wherein 4AFE engines were the norm for 1.6 Corollas) Toyota used Dexron II type ATF. Today's Corolla (Altis models) use Toyota type T-IV fluids which may be incompatible with the older 4AFE.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mahina hatak a/t