New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Good luck indeed.

If you don't have the budget then it's better to just store it in dry, high environment; Disassemble the car, clean it up, and do an inventory of what has to be done, research and establish contacts, and collect parts over time.

Don't take it to a shop for restoration until you are almost 100% sure you have the time and resources to do so.
    Thanks for the advice! I don't really expect it to be easy though. I'm expecting it take a year or more for me to actually get to drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheebangs20 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I don't really expect it to be easy though. I'm expecting it take a year or more for me to actually get to drive it.

Cool. Just finish college, get a job, don't get anyone pregnant, and you'll be able to work on your project through the years.

Even when i used to buy popular (with lots of parts) second hand cars, with some time and resources, it would take me months to get it to the good running condition (good for me is at any given time, i can just ride the car and take it on a hard long drive with no worry that something will break). It really takes time, patience and a lot of learning. But that's where you learn.

For old school Toyotas, one name that crops up with the articles i read on popular sources is Ichiban in Banawe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Whenever I'm in Banawe, all the other shops would point me to Ichiban whenever I go looking for hard to find parts. 😂

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Good luck to me then haha. I'm buying an ae86 from my friend, good thing he's offering it to me for only 50k. First problem ko kung pano dadalhin dito sa Cavite haha nasa pangasinan kasi 6 yrs stuck up yung sasakyan. 20k yung towing haha don't have extra money for that since I'm just a college student

Good luck sa parents mo But if they are willing to fund this, then go for it. Give them an estimate of how much it would cost to complete your project car.

Making that car run again would be a good learning experience on cars. I have a friend who I consider as a "car expert" and he told me that it was his Lancer box type that taught him about cars. Lahat na ata ng sira pinagdaaanan niya kaya siya natuto

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Cool. Just finish college, get a job, don't get anyone pregnant

Wahahahahaha ... Speaking from experience? ... Kidding ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    How hard is it to look for 1985 Corolla parts? (Ae86)

toyota wasn't officially selling cars in the philippines during them years.
    you'll probably have a bit more difficulty sourcing parts.
    but not impossible.
    good luck.

memories.. memories..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Wahahahahaha ... Speaking from experience? ... Kidding ...
    Of course. Finished college, got a job but i also had kids early on. No regrets definitely but it did hinder me from doing any project cars.

* Jut, when i was a kid (circa late 80s to 90s) we had a Toyota Corona wedge and i still remember making regular trips with our family driver to Delta Motors (in Cubao or Q. Ava) to buy OEM parts. I'd imagine those parts i used to see in their stock room would be worth so much nowadays.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    any recommended store to get original toyota fluids? atf, brake etc.. most of the time sa lvc ako bumibili ng parts pero limited ang fluids nila.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frequenzy View Post
    any recommended store to get original toyota fluids? atf, brake etc.. most of the time sa lvc ako bumibili ng parts pero limited ang fluids nila.
    sa casa, po. probably more expensive, but it's the surest of the sures.
    buy from casa. pour in, outside casa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Might want to look up which manufacturer supplies toyota's fluids.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
List Of Toyota Parts Supplier