New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 14bt View Post
    Turbo timer, mahal pwedeng wala nyan basta pag-stop ng car mo after a long drive or running the engine more than 2000 rpm turn-off the air-con and wait for 10-15 mins to cool down the turbo unit. These will prevent the oil seal from premature damage. If you suddenly turn-off the engine the turbine side of the turbo may have reached 300 to 400 degress C, cooling down to at lease 80 to 90 degrees C will not damage the seal. Important thing, cool down the engine before turning off.
    Sir,

angtagal naman ng waiting time non.
    Doon naman sa manual ng auto ko, 2 minutes lang to cool down from a hard drive ay ok na.

Pero still, when I am just a few hundred meters from my house, I turn off the air con and drive slowly na lang then wait about 2 minutes more before turning off the engine.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dito samin innova D4D almost 1 year ok pa rin naman ganda pa rin mbilis ang acceleration

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just saw an brand new Innova (it had "ZM*-### plates and one of the new Toyota colors) and it was spewing black-brownish smoke whenever it would accelerate (not the kind of smoke that lingers down on top of the road but rather the one that floats up behind the car).
    Last edited by vinj; February 20th, 2008 at 09:22 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    huh? talaga ser?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It seems, design talaga ang problem nito.

sa Europe, where diesel is the cleanest, may choking problem din pala sila:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71923

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/i...howtopic=75434
    Last edited by Horsepower; February 29th, 2008 at 12:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sir,sabi mo lahat ng releases starting 2006, no problems na,ibig bang sabihin okey na yung mga releases ng mga sumunod pang taon? kasi kabibili ko lang yung ride ko last march 2007,toyota innova j m/t D4D,gusto ko lang makatiyak na wala sana akong magiging problema,katunayan sa ngayon ay wala pa naman talagang problema akong naranasan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz0906 View Post
    "the problem with the D4D isn't actually the engine itself, but more on the fuel filtering/delivery. madumi kasi ang diesel fuel natin dito, marami sediments, nagipon ang sediments at bumara sa filter, in turn, hindi umaabot sa engine ang diesel fuel. pinalitan na lahat ng filters sa assembly line, kaya lahat ng releases starting 2006, no problems na."
    From SA of Toyota Makati...they are a plant-owned dealership, sabi nya

so sana post nyo rin what month and year did you purchase your D4D
    thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    I sold our Innova and 3.0L Fortuner because of this. Wala pang 2 yrs and daming major problems with the engine. Minsan ayaw mag start, mahina ang hatak, nasasakal yung makina at nung nasa highway ako bigla nalang tumirik. Buti di pa nangyari ito sa Hilux ko. Yung Prado ko naman V6 gas kaya ligtas. I don't think it's necessary to idle the engine that long just to start the A/C or before turning off the engine. Does the A/C control the flow/circulation of engine oil inside the engine? No, it just burdens the engine even when the engine is fully lubricated. Ramdam mo yan even on gas vehicles pag on mo ng A/C parang humina yung mga lights mo at tumaas rpm mo pero pag off balik normal strength ng lights pat rpm mo bumaba. You don't need the engine to be warm na tipong ang thermostat reading nya ay parang nag hi-way driving ka ng 15 mins straight, you just need it to be well lubricated. CRDi engines are different from their predecessors na kailangan talaga muna mag idle to get rid of the excess air intake of the turbo. I read about that sa myths and facts about the CRDi engine.
    JUST WANT TO QOUTE:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    I sold our Innova and 3.0L Fortuner because of this. Wala pang 2 yrs and daming major problems with the engine. Minsan ayaw mag start, mahina ang hatak, nasasakal yung makina at nung nasa highway ako bigla nalang tumirik. Buti di pa nangyari ito sa Hilux ko. Yung Prado ko naman V6 gas kaya ligtas. I don't think it's necessary to idle the engine that long just to start the A/C or before turning off the engine. Does the A/C control the flow/circulation of engine oil inside the engine? No, it just burdens the engine even when the engine is fully lubricated. Ramdam mo yan even on gas vehicles pag on mo ng A/C parang humina yung mga lights mo at tumaas rpm mo pero pag off balik normal strength ng lights pat rpm mo bumaba. You don't need the engine to be warm na tipong ang thermostat reading nya ay parang nag hi-way driving ka ng 15 mins straight, you just need it to be well lubricated. CRDi engines are different from their predecessors na kailangan talaga muna mag idle to get rid of the excess air intake of the turbo. I read about that sa myths and facts about the CRDi engine.
    JUST WANT TO QOUTE:

sir SaberRider buti na lang di ka naaksidente... Just like the Fortuner i've seen last week going to Davao City... The fortuner was crushed like a can of sardines and i can't even think someone can survive that accident coz it was cut into two... i hope its not the engine problem that causes the accident... i like to take picture of it but i hesitate coz it's not my cup of tea..

Just be extra careful driving... God Bless your Toyota...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Guys, it seems that your Toyota's D4D or CRDI system were of very poor quality. I really couldn't believe at once that their IMV project had these problems. Or minamalas lang kayo sa nakuhang units. Lemon vehicles.

When the CRDI come to our local market, it spells diesel engine upgrade. Some says that it's difficult to maintain since the fuel pump system is a disposable type, that you can't recalibrate it once it gets broken. And it's true, very true when I read your sentiments about Toyota's CRDI.
    Good thing Hyundai, Kia, Ford, and other cars with CRDI engines didn't had this much problems, or at least lesser than these.

How come Toyota didn't just recall these and replace their CRDI system with better ones. Like replacing Denso with Bosch system or other better systems.
    After all, owning a Toyota with D4D won't be that advisable anymore, just imagine that you have to bear the expenses of replacing the CRDI system whenever it breaks or malfunction ones your car ran out of its warranty after 3 years.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir bagong registered po ako dito. Tanong ko lang po sana advice nyo kung tutuloy ko pa pagbili ko ng fortuner 2.5 diesel A/T. Kasi mas madami po ako nabasa negative kesa sa mga positive output ng fortuner.

First car ko po bale ito kung sakali bibilin ko. Nagdecide ako brand new bilin ko kasi wala ako kaalam alam regarding troubleshoot ng mga kotse kaya ayaw ko 2nd hand baka ilan months lang titirik na ako. Sa tingin nyo po ba good choice parin fortuner lalu na kung concern ko yung hindi ako titirik sa gitna ng daan.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)