New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 163 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Ask ko lang po if any one of you who uses fully synthetic oil on their D4D and how often do you change the oil every 10,000km ba? while the oil filter evry 5,000km. I feel hesitant kasi baka makasama sa engine yung ganun. I learned kasi sa gas pwede evry 10,000 ang interval sa change oil, sa D4D pwede din kaya. thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Ask ko lang po if any one of you who uses fully synthetic oil on their D4D and how often do you change the oil every 10,000km ba? while the oil filter evry 5,000km. I feel hesitant kasi baka makasama sa engine yung ganun. I learned kasi sa gas pwede evry 10,000 ang interval sa change oil, sa D4D pwede din kaya. thanks

My brother just bought an Innova G last week. I should have told him about this thread if only I saw this thread earlier. Anyway I just hope this Crdi thing with toyota does not happen to him. I drove his Innova and compared it to my Grand starex Crdi VGT and guess what? With the same engine displacement the Starex can easily beat the Innova in power and acceleration with its 170hp (not sure what the hp rating of the innova). The Innova lags in power compared to the GS considering the innova has a smaller body.

By the way the sales rep of Toyota Pasong tamo told him not to use fully synthetic for the engine sabi nakakasira daw. Not really sure whats the logic.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Innova G is 102hp. Bakit naman daw makakasira ang Synthetic? loko loko na sales rep yun ah.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I thought that the issue with Toyota's D4D is already water under the bridge?

Last January, our family and my sister's family went up to Baguio. From full tanks, and going up to Baguio fully loaded (and together on the road all the time), our Starex TCI A/T had only 2/8 (or 1/4) fuel, while my sister's Innova D4D M/T still has 5/8 fuel left. Just goes to show the efficiency of the D4D engine. And they never encountered any choking issue with their ride....

7606:mobile1:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Innova G is 102hp. Bakit naman daw makakasira ang Synthetic? loko loko na sales rep yun ah.
    hehe lakas nang tama nang sales rep na yun ha..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Isn't that 102 PS instead? And not HP?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I thought that the issue with Toyota's D4D is already water under the bridge?

Last January, our family and my sister's family went up to Baguio. From full tanks, and going up to Baguio fully loaded (and together on the road all the time), our Starex TCI A/T had only 2/8 (or 1/4) fuel, while my sister's Innova D4D M/T still has 5/8 fuel left. Just goes to show the efficiency of the D4D engine. And they never encountered any choking issue with their ride....

7606:mobile1:

Hi, is the D4D Choking Problem, Hard Starting, and/or Black Smoke Emission limited only to the 2.5 engine? Does the 3.0 D4D engine encounter the same problems like choking, hard starting, and/or black smoke emission.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    Hi, is the D4D Choking Problem, Hard Starting, and/or Black Smoke Emission limited only to the 2.5 engine? Does the 3.0 D4D engine encounter the same problems like choking, hard starting, and/or black smoke emission.
    There has been reports in other forums and threads about the 3.0 1KD-FTV being affected also. But that was back in 2006-2007. So far there are new reports, AFAIK.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi guys lately lang ako naging member ng tsikot.com and ive been reading this thread cuz i own a 2006 Hiace Commuter 2.5 D4D CRDi (2KD-FTV engine).... share ko lang that as early as 2007 with around 12,000kms nagkaproblema sa hard starting... after turning the key, mamamatay engine kaagad.... pero if you depress accelerator pedal after starting (para saluhin makina) and release after 5-10 seconds, mag normalize na siya at idles okay. brought it to the casa (toyota commonwealth) for diagnosis... its not the fuel pump or injectors or filter.... problem source was the ECU. It would not supply enough fuel to the engine when starting, and this is not a fuel pump problem but ECU function thats problematic. I waited 3 weeks for an ECU replacement... ok na siya afterwards. As per service advisor, its the 5th Hiace they've done with the same problem... and this was way back in 2007. BTW, ECU was replaced free under warranty but as per invoice,it costs 40k... now that my warranty is over... im worried with the Hiace... so far so good pa naman...

i chose the Hiace over a Starex kasi toyota nga... supposedly reliable and troublefree... saka the Hiace is CBU Japan pa naman.... tsktsk...

have had other warranty claims na rin (not engine related) with the front and rear suspension... but that's another story... nakaka worth 200k in warranty claims na ako....

hope nakatulong post ko...if your D4D engine has hard time starting, it could be the ECU.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Isn't that 102 PS instead? And not HP?
    sir its almost the same

1 hp = 1.01 ps

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)