New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    Yummy! mukhang ok yan a. if a Fortuner could fly... and it does! grabe, i'm about to find myself wanting a Fortuner...
    Bring it to our shop, it may not fly without wings but we can get it close to that.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    yup, the trade off is increased fuel consumption.
    Haha! Tama.

A friend's Jazz because of a certain mod only does 8.5km/l if he drives aggressively, can u believe that?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    available ba to sa vvti? or for d4d lng tlga?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    enlighten me mga sir, pwede ba yan chip sa non turbo and non intercoolers na diesel engines

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Think Superchips is distributed by Mancor, which has moved to Fairview under the name Auto technica. Not sure of current prices but was about P30-35k before.
    Guess one should weigh if cost is worth the increase in hp vs a loss of warranty. Check reviews, not all chips work as claimed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    enlighten me mga sir, pwede ba yan chip sa non turbo and non intercoolers na diesel engines
    yes, there are applications for n/a cars. chips or ecu upgrades simply optimize your engine's functions for power (and not necessarily for fuel efficiency and reduced emissions).

be aware that 30 hp upgrades are highly unlikely on non-turbo engines, because besides remapping, the turbo ecu upgrades also increase the boost pressures for a turbo. i was about to say that 30 hp sounds like a bs claim for just a chip, until mbt mentioned the fortuner was a turbo.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    ...Guess one should weigh if cost is worth the increase in hp vs a loss of warranty...
    And the increase in fuel consumption. :sigh:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    Pwede as long as meron siyang ECU.
    No ECU=No place for piggyback ecu to attach to.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    available ba to sa vvti? or for d4d lng tlga?
    Currently there isn't any plug n play units avail for the VVTI. There are hard wired in units available though.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    Think Superchips is distributed by Mancor, which has moved to Fairview under the name Auto technica. Not sure of current prices but was about P30-35k before.
    Guess one should weigh if cost is worth the increase in hp vs a loss of warranty. Check reviews, not all chips work as claimed.
    What they have for the modern EFI Diesels are Pbox units at 58k.
    The Superchips(around 20K+) are mostly for the domestics(US car mfgs) like Ford & GM Suv's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
July TOPGEAR re: Fortuner Diesel superchip module