New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

i was just wondering about the accuracy of the mid in innova g's.

i am really in doubt about my fc averaging 9.5 km/l in the mid during city driving. so i did the full tank method of finding the ave fc.

after filling the tank (automatic), i reset the mid fc ave to 0.0 and drove as usual. after finishing roughly 3/4 of the tank, i filled up again on the same gas station, automatic. to my surprise, the computation resulted to 8.0 km/l, while the mid ended up with 9.5 km/l! - this is a large discrepancy.

i do expected a discrepancy, but just a matter of 0.x km/l.

any experience on this?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

i was just wondering about the accuracy of the mid in innova g's.

i am really in doubt about my fc averaging 9.5 km/l in the mid during city driving. so i did the full tank method of finding the ave fc.

after filling the tank (automatic), i reset the mid fc ave to 0.0 and drove as usual. after finishing roughly 3/4 of the tank, i filled up again on the same gas station, automatic. to my surprise, the computation resulted to 8.0 km/l, while the mid ended up with 9.5 km/l! - this is a large discrepancy.

i do expected a discrepancy, but just a matter of 0.x km/l.

any experience on this?
    you also have to reset the mid. its averaged kasi kaya you are getting 8 then the mid is showing 9.5

try to do it again, and this time, reset everything.

i'm averaging 7.5 km/l on a M/T 2.0 gas city driving. tama yung mid sa akin +/- 0.5 km/l

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    yup, reset po muna. In my case, +0.5 ang discrepancy... innova g a/t d4d. Nasa 8.5 ang consumption sa mid but when i manually compute during fill up nasa 9 km/liter ang consumption.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sakin tama naman ang MID. every drive ko nirereset ko yung average FC. di lang saktong sakto, nung minsan nag full tank ako, sa manual computation ko, 17.6km/L sa MID 18.1km/L. may gap lang ng unti. long drive kasi nung nag compute ako, i was going to nueva ecija that time. BTW, my unit is G D4D.

innova g owners - is your mid ave fuel consumption accurate?