New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When we got our Innova 2nd hand, it took me several long trips with WOT driving on the expressway to really get rid of all the carbon buildup as the previous owner only used it sparringly and in the city.

Try also checking the place where you gas up and try gassing up with another brand and another station to rule out the bad fuel factor.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dindy View Post
    [SIZE=3]hi sgt peper... ok na ba innova mo? hindi na ba mausok? we have the same problem....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]We bought a innova E Diesel last April 30 2008 and after a month of use, napansin ko na mausok yung engine. I compared it to the one my sister in law has and even though 2005 model innova niya e walang kausok usok!!! During the first 1000 km check up, what the sevice engrs did was they rev up the engine to remove daw the extra carbon deposits!!! would you believe that a new innova less than 2 months old e mausok na!! i was also given a suggestion na mag long drive daw at tumakbo ng consistent na 140 kph para daw mawala. I personally don't believe this pero ganun ba talaga? after the 1000 check up nawala naman yung usok pero after 2 weeks lang and around 1400 km odometer reading e mausok nanaman!!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I'll have our innova scheduled for service again this week and i am hoping that anyone of you can give me tips regarding this. O baka naman may nangyari na sainyo na ganito. Hope you can help me out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Thanks in advance![/SIZE]

Sir, unfortunately, hindi pa din ayos... Tinawagan ko na ang TMP pero pinasa lang din nila ako sa toyota makati. ayon! for schedule daw ako sa service pero habang nasa kanila ung unit ko bibigyan daw nila ako ng service vehicle para may magamit daw ako pero hanggang ngayon wala pa din ung service vehicle na sinasabi nila.... humahanap na lang talaga ako ng contact sa DTI para mag reklamo ako....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Sir, unfortunately, hindi pa din ayos... Tinawagan ko na ang TMP pero pinasa lang din nila ako sa toyota makati. ayon! for schedule daw ako sa service pero habang nasa kanila ung unit ko bibigyan daw nila ako ng service vehicle para may magamit daw ako pero hanggang ngayon wala pa din ung service vehicle na sinasabi nila.... humahanap na lang talaga ako ng contact sa DTI para mag reklamo ako....
    Sgt peper... talaga hindi pa ayos? well i'm hoping mine will be ok by this time coz i had it serviced yesterday and they performed the same procedure instructed by the plant by just simply reving the engine until all carbon deposits will be gone and they said that they re program or reboot the ECU and told me just to observe nalang daw. Hindi daw nila re program during the 1st service. They suggested that i leave my innova and they will diagnose it very well for 2-3 days. Medyo hustle and i also will ask if they can provide me with a service unit. Sabi lang nung service advisor ko na just in case na mausok padin e baka daw ang problem e fuel injectors.... again i'll just have to observe it nalang. I told him na kapag fuel injectors yung sira ibig sabihin na madumi yung diesel na pinakakarga ko and di ba dapat palyado yung oto kapag ganun. I also suggested na baka supply pump yung problem and he said that if supply pump is the problem then dapat namamatayan ako ng makina. well it makes sense naman....ilan na ba tinakbo mo? ako 1385km palang. san ka nagpapa service? ako dito sa toyota pasig libis near pasig/c5 flyover. If you want kapag hindi naayos yung saiyo and worse case hindi ok din yung sakin i suggest that we have it both checked na sabay para mas may impack sa kanila... what do you think?

anyway, observe ko muna ito mga 2-3 weeks. Sana lang maayos na yung mga oto natin,... let me know kung naayos na yan saiyo...text me or call me sa 0918-9370948.

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Sir, unfortunately, hindi pa din ayos... Tinawagan ko na ang TMP pero pinasa lang din nila ako sa toyota makati. ayon! for schedule daw ako sa service pero habang nasa kanila ung unit ko bibigyan daw nila ako ng service vehicle para may magamit daw ako pero hanggang ngayon wala pa din ung service vehicle na sinasabi nila.... humahanap na lang talaga ako ng contact sa DTI para mag reklamo ako....[/quote]

Sgt peper... talaga hindi pa ayos? well i'm hoping mine will be ok by this time coz i had it serviced yesterday and they performed the same procedure instructed by the plant by just simply reving the engine until all carbon deposits will be gone and they said that they re program or reboot the ECU and told me just to observe nalang daw. Hindi daw nila re program during the 1st service. They suggested that i leave my innova and they will diagnose it very well for 2-3 days. Medyo hustle and i also will ask if they can provide me with a service unit. Sabi lang nung service advisor ko na just in case na mausok padin e baka daw ang problem e fuel injectors.... again i'll just have to observe it nalang. I told him na kapag fuel injectors yung sira ibig sabihin na madumi yung diesel na pinakakarga ko and di ba dapat palyado yung oto kapag ganun. I also suggested na baka supply pump yung problem and he said that if supply pump is the problem then dapat namamatayan ako ng makina. well it makes sense naman....ilan na ba tinakbo mo? ako 1385km palang. san ka nagpapa service? ako dito sa toyota pasig libis near pasig/c5 flyover. If you want kapag hindi naayos yung saiyo and worse case hindi ok din yung sakin i suggest that we have it both checked na sabay para mas may impack sa kanila... what do you think?

anyway, observe ko muna ito mga 2-3 weeks. Sana lang maayos na yung mga oto natin,... let me know kung naayos na yan saiyo...text me or call me sa 0918-9370948.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi to all,

We have the same problem. We just bought our Innova G 2.5 Diesel A/T last Aug 28, 2008 at Toyota Otis. Nasa almost 700 km pa lang ang odo namin at umuusok na at wala pa pong one month.

I texted the service manager about it and he said na ganun daw talaga pag city driving lang ginamit. He advised me to try 3000kph paulit ulit para mawala yung smoke. Bukod sa gastos sa fuel eh may usok pa din after sometime.

We are newbies in terms of cars. And this is talga the very first car we have so I just rely on forums such as this to help me out on issues and concerns such as this.

Wala po bang updates dun sa Toyota Thailand na dumating? pinalitan po ba ang car niyo? Di ko na nabasa ang mga updates niyo sa I guess ok na po kayong lahat? Pwede po bang malaman, what happened next?

Are you problems with innova solved already.

Liv,

I just joined your club and fortunately my office is at NetSquare as well.

Anyway, hope you can help me out too as well with this problem...

Thanks.
    jinks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jinks View Post
    Hi to all,

I texted the service manager about it and he said na ganun daw talaga pag city driving lang ginamit. He advised me to try 3000kph paulit ulit para mawala yung smoke. Bukod sa gastos sa fuel eh may usok pa din after sometime.

Thanks.
    jinks
    Baka po ibig nyong sabihin ay 3000RPM.

Maybe you can text or call Dindy's cellphone which is posted in the previous post.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jinks View Post
    Hi to all,

We have the same problem. We just bought our Innova G 2.5 Diesel A/T last Aug 28, 2008 at Toyota Otis. Nasa almost 700 km pa lang ang odo namin at umuusok na at wala pa pong one month.

We are newbies in terms of cars. And this is talga the very first car we have so I just rely on forums such as this to help me out on issues and concerns such as this.

Wala po bang updates dun sa Toyota Thailand na dumating? pinalitan po ba ang car niyo? Di ko na nabasa ang mga updates niyo sa I guess ok na po kayong lahat? Pwede po bang malaman, what happened next?

Are you problems with innova solved already.

Liv,

I just joined your club and fortunately my office is at NetSquare as well.

Anyway, hope you can help me out too as well with this problem...

Thanks.
    jinks
    i'm sorry to hear that you too are joining the bandwagon so soon with your unit barely a month old... AFAIK, some of the D4d owners with the black smoke problem will be setting up a meeting with the TMP and DTI guys... just like what Mile2 suggested, it's better that you get in touch with Dindy.

you are very much welcome to join us at InnovaClub.Ph. hope you can attend next month's EB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP! Toyota Innova D4D with black smoke..