New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Sticky dashboard is now longer a problem. Just go to youtude to look for solution, you will be able to find a cheaper and faster way to resolve the problem rather than to change the whole dashboard. Good luck .......

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    wow!

that's great news!

i sent you a private message, i hope you could help me replace our 2008 camry dashboard as well.

thanks in advance.
    Hi steer, sent you a pm.

Sir, is your unit still under warranty?
    No, my warranty expired last 2010 pa, that was why I was pleasantly surprised that they would replace my dashboard free of charge, even labor free daw.

I'm gonna have the windshield tinted right after they install the new dashboard

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    Hi steer, sent you a pm.
    thanks!

i've also emailed them and hopefully they respond positively as well.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Manufacturing defect on the OEM supplier of Toyota (for Camry dashboards) .... I bet they have a silent campaign for this!
    Is this youtude sticky melting interior same condition as most of you guys ?.
    StickyNoMore: Fixing sticky dashboard/ melting dashboard. Easy and safe way - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hi Steer / Snail,
    I came across your post when I was looking for solutions to the sticky dashboard problems of my Camry. Sorry to bother, but would you be able to share what you wrote to Toyota, and who you wrote to re the problems you had with your Camry?

Appreciate any help you can extend.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    thanks!

i've also emailed them and hopefully they respond positively as well.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi!

I have the same problem for a Toyota Camry 2.4V 2007 model and hope someone can share what supporting documents required to appeal my melting dashboard case since the unit is already out of warranty by now when it started to manifest the problem.

thanks in advance!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    On youtube, there is a lot of feedbacks from US owners about the same melting dashboard problem on paticularly the 2007 Camry model...

Toyota Camry sticky dashboard - YouTube

Check out all the comments...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielwei View Post
    Is this youtude sticky melting interior same condition as most of you guys ?.
    StickyNoMore: Fixing sticky dashboard/ melting dashboard. Easy and safe way - YouTube
    Hello to everyone. Im newbie in this forum. Please update this thread.
    Who tried this stickynomore solution (effective ba?) and kung ano ang latest and cheapest options locally available? I bought a 2nd hand 07 camry and there is some spots that needs retouch.

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by forme View Post
    Hello to everyone. Im newbie in this forum. Please update this thread.
    Who tried this stickynomore solution (effective ba?) and kung ano ang latest and cheapest options locally available? I bought a 2nd hand 07 camry and there is some spots that needs retouch.

thanks!
    The best end-result is get the original replacement of it from Toyota. However, if you buy it, usually it costs anywhere from Php 120-150K if I not mistaken.

Now, if you still hav all the original paperwork for the vehicle, try to go back to the dealership where you got it and talk to your SA (if that person is still around) and ask if they can consider a post-warranty claim on your vehicle. This is a hit or miss thing and if you get a favorable decision, you are one of the very, very lucky few. Consider this, as long as you have not done any first aid, tampering or modification of the dashboard with different solutions from third party repair folks.

On the other hand, you do have a third party option but would usually cost at least php 25-30k since they will re-leather the whole thing and even your steering wheel. I saw a fellow camry owner who had used that approach and seems very professionally done, in fact better than the original, in my impression.

I hope this helps!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234