New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    That s*cks.

I'm planning to have the windshield tinted next week to minimize the damage, but from what you said, that didn't prevent the same problem from happening to your subie.

I just came back from an car accessory shop and it seems the only option out there for me is to cover the dashboard with Dashield. I passed when I saw what it looked like.

I think I'll write Toyota an email about this..
    Sir, wala ka bang pics on how the melting looks like? It's very interesting to see that situation.
    Also try reflector shades like the one below. This can also help your problem.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snoid_zero View Post
    Sir, wala ka bang pics on how the melting looks like? It's very interesting to see that situation.
    Also try reflector shades like the one below. This can also help your problem.

I'll try to post some pictures when I can.

I use a reflector, thought I do forget to put it up once in a while.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll try to post some pictures when I can.

I use a reflector, thought I do forget to put it up once in a while.
    Try also tinting your front windshield, even with a light, 3M magic neutral tone. It helps keep the heat/UV rays out. I took a long trip, driving a car with no tint, over the long weekend and the heat difference is really drastic.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Just to update this thread, I wrote Toyota last week to complain about my dashboard. After a couple of days, I received a reply asking for my details so they can coordinate it with our local dealer.

Lo and behold, someone from Toyota Davao called me yesterday and told me that they will replace my dashboard for FREE.

I honestly really did not expect that from them.

Finally, something good to say about Toyota

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    congrats Sir, after palitan ung dashboard mo invest ka na din ng konti para sa tint

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Manufacturing defect on the OEM supplier of Toyota (for Camry dashboards) .... I bet they have a silent campaign for this!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Manufacturing defect on the OEM supplier of Toyota (for Camry dashboards) .... I bet they have a silent campaign for this!
    I agree here. Silent recall. I'll try and check the 3.5Q of my uncle later to see for any signs of this defect. I hate those silent recalls, Honda could have killed me with their Top Dead Center sensor recall on the ES Civic before (my engine shut down on me while at high rpm when i was climbing up Kennon road).

Great news that Toyota will replace it because those materials are supposed to withstand the heat even with no tint or sunshade.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Just to update this thread, I wrote Toyota last week to complain about my dashboard. After a couple of days, I received a reply asking for my details so they can coordinate it with our local dealer.

Lo and behold, someone from Toyota Davao called me yesterday and told me that they will replace my dashboard for FREE.

wow!

that's great news!

i sent you a private message, i hope you could help me replace our 2008 camry dashboard as well.

thanks in advance.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Congrats! Now that is the absolutely best way to solve this
    Yun nga lang, magpa-tint ka na sir. Baka next year heat wave melt your brand-new dash agad.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Sir, is your unit still under warranty?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast