New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ericson21 View Post

i saw a fortuner yesterday, plate was ZBL-*** colored dark blue. i think that one was a 2007 model, correct me if i'm wrong. it was emitting super duper black smoke, way blacker than the smoke of the busses and jeeps. i saw the fort in a very low speed. i think he was running for just 25kph and the smoke occurs already in that speed, ugh.
    Plates starting with " ZBL " is 2005 year model that was purchased/registered in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Plates starting with " ZBL " is 2005 year model that was purchased/registered in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year.
    thanks for correcting me sir, i thought it was a 06 or 07 model because i thought X was the starting plates for 05 models.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kamusta na mga innova nyo?may black smoke pa rin ba?hirap pala D4D ng TOYOTA.mukhang di sila okay sa diesel.to think na eto ang de facto na reliable na car for the pinoys.yun pala may problema din.to think na engineers from toyota plant na pumunta ganun pa rin. so far mukhang pinaka reliable pa rin ang HONDA.very few complaints nababasa ko sa forum and okay daw after sales nila.i guess okay na rin na medyo mahal ang honda kung hindi naman sasakit ulo mo

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by interruptedz View Post
    kamusta na mga innova nyo?may black smoke pa rin ba?hirap pala D4D ng TOYOTA.mukhang di sila okay sa diesel.to think na eto ang de facto na reliable na car for the pinoys.yun pala may problema din.to think na engineers from toyota plant na pumunta ganun pa rin. so far mukhang pinaka reliable pa rin ang HONDA.very few complaints nababasa ko sa forum and okay daw after sales nila.i guess okay na rin na medyo mahal ang honda kung hindi naman sasakit ulo mo
    Wala kasi sir diesel ang honda to begin with, kaya talagang walang diesel na magblablack smoke sa mga units nila.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by interruptedz View Post
    *7138 is correct, how can you compare the D4D of Toyotas to Hondas in general when they have no diesel engines to begin with? Besides, yung pag-emit ng black smoke really depends on how you use the car and where you fuel it up. Dirty diesels can somehow tamper your engine's performance and may contribute to the black smoke that other Innovas blow out.

Honda's aren't perfect. I have one, believe me.. it costs a testicle to repair a defect. My engine support broke down on me when I was still ~50k kms, same goes for the tensioner. And now, the handbrake seems to start failing too. The repair cost for the first said items are expensive if you'd compare it to Toyota.

Kung lumabas lang yung 10th gen Altis back 2007, I might not have gotten the Civic. Baka dun nalang ako sa Altis.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    *7138 is correct, how can you compare the D4D of Toyotas to Hondas in general when they have no diesel engines to begin with? Besides, yung pag-emit ng black smoke really depends on how you use the car and where you fuel it up. Dirty diesels can somehow tamper your engine's performance and may contribute to the black smoke that other Innovas blow out.

Honda's aren't perfect. I have one, believe me.. it costs a testicle to repair a defect. My engine support broke down on me when I was still ~50k kms, same goes for the tensioner. And now, the handbrake seems to start failing too. The repair cost for the first said items are expensive if you'd compare it to Toyota.

Kung lumabas lang yung 10th gen Altis back 2007, I might not have gotten the Civic. Baka dun nalang ako sa Altis.
    is that an FD?

exactly whats happening to my boss' FD. first was the engine support, then tensioner, then driver side window, then hand brake lever is about to give way na.

BTT: maintenance is also a big factor. a dirty air filter will make a bnew diesel fed engine belch black smoke.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    is that an FD?

exactly whats happening to my boss' FD. first was the engine support, then tensioner, then driver side window, then hand brake lever is about to give way na.

BTT: maintenance is also a big factor. a dirty air filter will make a bnew diesel fed engine belch black smoke.
    Yes bro.-, 2007 Civic FD

So far pinagttyagaan ko muna yung handbrake lever, pinipindot ko nalang yung ilalim para hindi maipit yung button niya.

As for the tensioner & engine support, it costed around 22k to repair it. Sana naman wala na masira pa. All four power windows are still working properly as of this date.

BTT:

Although I've seen Fortuners & Innovas emit black smoke, they're the ones who aren't kept well. Halata niyo naman by its aesthetic appearance pa lang. Tail lights are discolored already, maraming dings & dents..

So you can somehow assume na if your unit undergoes proper service intervals there's nothing you should worry about.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Update on my 2010 Innova J diesel, still no problems except for a gash sa upholstery ng driver's seat. Ano na balita sa mga Innova niyo? Did you get these smoke and choke problems fixed?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
HELP!!! My innova D4D Black smoke- pls Help!!!