New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,005
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Can you guys give me points or reasons for my warranty appeal to Toyota?

    Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk
    Premature wear given the relatively low mileage, yan lang naman talaga.

    If they deny your claim, then that's Toyota quality for you.

    And change your SA, ang bobo nung last reply nya.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Can you guys give me points or reasons for my warranty appeal to Toyota?

    Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk
    You may appeal to Toyota based on the following:
    1. Your car is relatively low mileage;
    2. Vehicle service has been done at the Toyota dealer and you have not installed any aftermarket accessories that have touched the doors and lock mechanisms;
    3. You are usually the sole occupant and driver of the car thus wear and tear to the locks and doors should really be minimal;
    4. It is not normal for such problems to occur in such a short span of time and use, you may cite that you have owned and driven two Toyota Corollas previously which never had such issues.

    Might be better to email Toyota Phils I guess.

    First time I've encountered busted door lock actuators on a Toyota. We have 10 to 20+ year old cars that never had such issues.

    This however was a problem on our Nissan Sentra (Yulon) before.

    Usually, one cause of premature wear to the actuators is when you have passengers that have a habit of pulling the door handles at the same time your are unlocking the door.

    Other option is to find a surplus, original actuator and have an electrical shop install it. Sayang lang wala akong oras as i'm supposed to do surplus shop rounds to look for some parts, and i could ask around for actuators. I agree with the others to not go for aftermarket new ones.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,209
    #33
    Try Banawe first ... who knows, it might be cheaper than you think ... asking Toyota to reconsider warranty is a very long shot ... maybe they'll reconsider if you buy Land Cruisers from them every year ...

  4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Can you guys give me points or reasons for my warranty appeal to Toyota?

    Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk
    Try sa toyocars banawe at sigurado mas mura ang actuators
    Landline *(02) 413 4880.

    Another way is talk to the manager of the branch. Long shot but worth a try. ‬


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    429
    #35
    having 2 door actuators die almost at the same time is very unusual. Is your battery replaced already? I just remembered the 2014 Fort V 2.5 of my colleague that had failing door actuators for several months and never bothered to replace them after he got a quotation (price like yours or higher IIRC) from Toyota casa. Then one day, his the first morning start up failed and so he replaced his battery, and guess what? Voila!! His door actuator problems were fixed! Until now they are still working fine. It turns out its an electrical gremlin... My 9th gen Altis driver's side door actuator conked out after almost 10 years and had no choice but to have it replaced in the casa. It was P4.5K back then. All are still working fine until now. daily driver too...

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,209
    #36
    Try removing battery terminals for 5 minutes ... might reset something ...

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    429
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Try removing battery terminals for 5 minutes ... might reset something ...
    or if the TS has a friend with a brand new car, she can borrow the battery (presuming its brandnew), or a fully working new battery from any willing friend, just to give it a try....

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,087
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    or if the TS has a friend with a brand new car, she can borrow the battery (presuming its brandnew), or a fully working new battery from any willing friend, just to give it a try....
    if TS's old battery can still easily start the car...
    it might not be the battery.
    it might be the electrical connections, which get cleaned and tightened during battery replacement, "curing the problem".

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,141
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You may appeal to Toyota based on the following:
    1. Your car is relatively low mileage;
    2. Vehicle service has been done at the Toyota dealer and you have not installed any aftermarket accessories that have touched the doors and lock mechanisms;
    3. You are usually the sole occupant and driver of the car thus wear and tear to the locks and doors should really be minimal;
    4. It is not normal for such problems to occur in such a short span of time and use, you may cite that you have owned and driven two Toyota Corollas previously which never had such issues.

    Might be better to email Toyota Phils I guess.

    First time I've encountered busted door lock actuators on a Toyota. We have 10 to 20+ year old cars that never had such issues.

    This however was a problem on our Nissan Sentra (Yulon) before.

    Usually, one cause of premature wear to the actuators is when you have passengers that have a habit of pulling the door handles at the same time your are unlocking the door.

    Other option is to find a surplus, original actuator and have an electrical shop install it. Sayang lang wala akong oras as i'm supposed to do surplus shop rounds to look for some parts, and i could ask around for actuators. I agree with the others to not go for aftermarket new ones.
    Thanks vinj. This is so helpful. I'm not confident about my writing skills kasi
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Try Banawe first ... who knows, it might be cheaper than you think ... asking Toyota to reconsider warranty is a very long shot ... maybe they'll reconsider if you buy Land Cruisers from them every year ...
    They did before for the aircon of my Gen 10 in Toyota Pasig. Though there was a prior issue with the AC before the warranty lapsed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Try sa toyocars banawe at sigurado mas mura ang actuators
    Landline *(02) 413 4880.

    Another way is talk to the manager of the branch. Long shot but worth a try. ‬


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wala daw parts e nakausap na ni uls Toyorama
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    having 2 door actuators die almost at the same time is very unusual. Is your battery replaced already? I just remembered the 2014 Fort V 2.5 of my colleague that had failing door actuators for several months and never bothered to replace them after he got a quotation (price like yours or higher IIRC) from Toyota casa. Then one day, his the first morning start up failed and so he replaced his battery, and guess what? Voila!! His door actuator problems were fixed! Until now they are still working fine. It turns out its an electrical gremlin... My 9th gen Altis driver's side door actuator conked out after almost 10 years and had no choice but to have it replaced in the casa. It was P4.5K back then. All are still working fine until now. daily driver too...
    I had my battery checked yesterday at motolite. Funny because my batt is amaron lol. 11 daw pag crank yung patay lahat. Pag umaandar with ac light and radio 14. Malakas pa daw though my battery is 23 months na.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    #40
    Palitan mo na lang ng Solex brand HELP: Defective Locks Low Mileage 2014 Altis


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

HELP: Defective Locks Low Mileage 2014 Altis