New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My 2014 (January) Altis is out of warranty already. Currently it has 27,111 odometer reading. It's casa maintained. I RARELY have passengers in my car. The exterior and interior are fresh. Definitely hindi laspag.

January 2018 - I noticed that the front passenger door was not opening. I don't know how long this has been happening since I rarely have a passenger. I thought it was a glitch. But it just got worse. Over time it would not open anymore. It was as if "nanigas" the lock. I can lock and unlock manually lang.

March 2018 - I brought my car for PMS. I told casa to check the lock and they said the door actuator is defective and it costs P10,753! WTF!!! They don't even have the parts for it! I told them it is NOT normal for a 4 year old car to have locking issues. They don't even have the parts for it. Who would expect a 4 yr old car to have a defective lock? I don't expect Banawe people to have the parts and kno how to repair this. I asked if they can cover for warranty and my SA said we can ask for warranty appeal

April 2018 - I was so appalled when my rear right passenger door was not locked! I was going to load some stuff I bought and it's always my habit to check the door again after I press the lock at the remote. Who knows how long my car has been unlocked pala!?! Also, whenever I drive, I would hear a click, same as when you you press the lock button at the driver side even if it's locked na.

My problem is, it seems like bumibigay na yung lock ng auto ko. Baka next month yung left side naman!!! It's also delikado kasi what if it unlocks on its own

Also, before when I go to P, the doors unlock, when D, the doors lock. Ngayon ayaw na rin.

My SA said, I can try to write a letter of appeal for warranty since my car is low mileage, casa maintained and had previous factory defect. She will forward it to the concerned people. How can I convince Toyota? BTW my AC compressor of my car was replaced THRICE during warranty period.

I am thinking of selling my 11th gen already. But I don't have the money to replace it yet. 2019 kaya may 12th gen na? I am scared of what else might happen in the coming years. Sobrang alaga ko yung Gen 11 ko tapos ganito pa nangyari
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 3rd, 2018 at 12:54 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Why not just fix both locks? If TMPH fixes it outside of warranty, well and great.

I don't think a defect on the lock is worth selling the car for...

Re: yung car doors locking/unlocking sa D/P, I think may procedure yan sa manual. Some of our Toyotas have that, had to program it NOT to do it. If it's programmed to work but isn't, it may be related to your 2 door locks being defective din..
    Last edited by mda; April 3rd, 2018 at 01:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Why not just fix both locks? If TMPH fixes it outside of warranty, well and great.

I don't think a defect on the lock is worth selling the car for...
    My car has problems that even old cars don't get from normal wear and tear. I never had locking issues in any of the cars I had. Baka next year kung anong malaking issue ang lumabas

Also, sino kaya may alam gumawa outside casa? Casa nga walang parts

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My car has problems that even old cars don't get from normal wear and tear. I never had locking issues in any of the cars I had. Baka next year kung anong malaking issue ang lumabas

Also, sino kaya may alam gumawa outside casa? Casa nga walang parts

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Malas lang. Dami rin sakit ng FD namin... In the end it was cheaper to fix than to replace...

WRT to yung sa 'baka next year'... well we will never know until next year haha. Mukhang hindi naman related yung problems.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My 2014 (January) Altis is out of warranty already. Currently it has 27,111 odometer reading. It's casa maintained. I RARELY have passengers in my car. The exterior and interior are fresh. Definitely hindi laspag.

January 2018 - I noticed that the front passenger door was not opening. I don't know how long this has been happening since I rarely have a passenger. I thought it was a glitch. But it just got worse. Over time it would not open anymore. It was as if "nanigas" the lock. I can lock and unlock manually lang.

March 2018 - I brought my car for PMS. I told casa to check the lock and they said the door actuator is defective and it costs P10,753! WTF!!! They don't even have the parts for it! I told them it is NOT normal for a 4 year old car to have locking issues. They don't even have the parts for it. Who would expect a 4 yr old car to have a defective lock? I don't expect Banawe people to have the parts and kno how to repair this. I asked if they can cover for warranty and my SA said we can ask for warranty appeal

April 2018 - I was so appalled when my rear right passenger door was not locked! I was going to load some stuff I bought and it's always my habit to check the door again after I press the lock at the remote. Who knows how long my car has been unlocked pala!?! Also, whenever I drive, I would hear a click, same as when you you press the lock button at the driver side even if it's locked na.

My problem is, it seems like bumibigay na yung lock ng auto ko. Baka next month yung left side naman!!! It's also delikado kasi what if it unlocks on its own

Also, before when I go to P, the doors unlock, when D, the doors lock. Ngayon ayaw na rin.

My SA said, I can try to write a letter of appeal for warranty since my car is low mileage, casa maintained and had previous factory defect. She will forward it to the concerned people. How can I convince Toyota? BTW my AC compressor of my car was replaced THRICE during warranty period.

I am thinking of selling my 11th gen already. But I don't have the money to replace it yet. 2019 kaya may 12th gen na? I am scared of what else might happen in the coming years. Sobrang alaga ko yung Gen 11 ko tapos ganito pa nangyari
    The January, 2018 situation has happened to me already, if I'm understanding what happened to you correctly that is. But that was with a 10 year old Santa Fe, driver's side door in my case. Inner door lock is moving when power lock button is pushed but nothing is happening. Can only lock and unlock with key. Since the Santa Fe's door lock is integrated into the inner door handle/opener mechanism, which is entirely plastic, apparently the moving of the door lock caused part of the plastic to break so that the lock does not actually engage (all of the Santa Fe's power door lock actuators have been replaced with universal replacements at this point). Solution was to buy an inner door handle from Seiring (which they thankfully had in stock) for, I think, Php1500 or so? And have it installed by my suki accessories shop in Araneta.

It is interesting to note that our 1997 Japan surplus Toyota Granvia still has all of its original door locks, save for the tailgate.

If you can manage to squeeze in a last warranty claim then that would be great! But if not, I'm quite positive that the folks in Araneta (or Banawe if you're more affiliated with them) should know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I personally hate Toyota..

Before, our 5yr old Vios did the same. Una yung power window ng driver, next yung door locks sunod sunod na per door..

Then our 5yr old Fortuner died recently sa SLEX. Buti kaka exit lang ng booth, kung hindi nakakatakot kung namatay at high speeds.

Pinalitan din alternator last 2016. Oh well.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Do you buy in Ebay? I saw this listing for a door lock actuator for Toyota Altis that is made in China & cost P709.00. Means that parts exist online. Try hunting for one.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    *Cathy ... maybe somehow they got wet? ... but you rarely have passengers ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Similar thing happened to my Civic FD on the 4th or 5th year... front passenger door actuator became intermittent. Casa was quoting me P9k+labor.

I immediately looked for a salvaged part on eBay and found one matching my car. I spend just around 2.5k (including S&H) and a little elbow grease to get my passenger door lock back up to snuff.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you can manage to squeeze in a last warranty claim then that would be great! But if not, I'm quite positive that the folks in Araneta (or Banawe if you're more affiliated with them) should know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    You think they would have parts na for a 2014 model?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    I personally hate Toyota..

Before, our 5yr old Vios did the same. Una yung power window ng driver, next yung door locks sunod sunod na per door...
    All 4 doors? Where did you have it fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Do you buy in Ebay? I saw this listing for a door lock actuator for Toyota Altis that is made in China & cost P709.00. Means that parts exist online. Try hunting for one.
    I don't ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    *Cathy ... maybe somehow they got wet? ... but you rarely have passengers ...
    No e because I rarely have passengers. I am also very conscious when it rains, I immediately wipe the interior dry if it gets wet.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Similar thing happened to my Civic FD on the 4th or 5th year... front passenger door actuator became intermittent. Casa was quoting me P9k+labor.

I immediately looked for a salvaged part on eBay and found one matching my car. I spend just around 2.5k (including S&H) and a little elbow grease to get my passenger door lock back up to snuff.
    Wow! 4th or 5th year only and you experienced defective locks already. It makes me miss having a simple car with manual locks. Not much problems. I don't e-bay and have no idea how to fix my car.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast