New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What AUV to buy (A/T)?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isuzu Crosswind XTRM A/T

13 37.14%
  • Toyota Revo 2.0 GSX A/T

12 34.29%
  • Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport A/T

10 28.57%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hi peeps. I know this question has been asked so many times before. If there are other useful threads related to this, please let me know. I'm already expecting a landslide victory of the Isuzu Crosswind, since I've already done a lot of reading here (and this is mainly the Diesel forum). But I still haven't found that definitive answer yet.

Here goes...

I need an A/T AUV, due to my increased family needs. However, 80% of the time, I will be the sole passenger (home-office-home). I'm not the outdoor person. In fact, my mileage for a year is only 8-10k max. Most important things I'm after are overall comfort, engine (power, reliability, etc.), fuel efficiency, safety features, maintenance cost.

Currenty, here are my choices (and decision weight in percent). Isuzu Crosswind XTRM or XUV (60%), Toyota Revo 1.8SR or 2.0GSX (30%), and Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport (10%). Only the Crosswind is diesel. Both Revo and Adventure are gas variants (their diesel variants only have M/T).

I haven't tried driving any of these, and I know that a test-drive of each will ultimately help me with my decision. So far, here are my perceptions with these AUVs (some may be misconceptions).

ISUZU CROSSWIND:
    • Best engine in the group. Reliable and powerful.
    • Best height/clearance (I love this!). Will give me peace of mind during the rainy seasons.
    • Best resale value?
    • Least safety features -- no crumple zone
    • Difficult casa maintenance? INTECO very bad. Ayala owned (Pasig, Alabang, Cavite) very expensive.
    • Bumpy ride (matagtag). I might be wrong.

TOYOTA REVO:
    • Best interior! Most car-like. 2nd row seats can slide forward and backward for adjustable legroom.
    • Seems to be the most comfortable of the 3. At least seats are comfy. I have the impression that this is the least "matagtag".
    • Easy maintenance, being a Toyota. Spare parts are abundant.
    • Friendly package. Price is ok, and freebies are ok.
    • Worst fuel efficiency. Should be fuel inefficiency. 2.0 A/T will probably be only 5km/liter.

MITSUBISHI ADVENTURE:
    • Best bang-for-the-buck. Cheapest, yet most fully loaded.
    • Best safety features with tire pressure gauge, and backup sensors.
    • Good, car-like interior as well. Except the air-con looks like a La Germania. :bwahaha:
    • I think it has the poorest air-con of the 3. Mit-Air not so good?
    • Very bad after-sales service reputation. But this is just hearsay. Anybody who can give feedback on the service?
    Please help me guys. Please correct me with any misconceptions I may have. Budget is about 800-900k. Please limit your recommendations to these 3 AUVs. I need a lot of expert advice from the tsikoteers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir para sakin panalo na ang crosswind..

engine, suspension, chassis, looks, ground clearance and tires..panalo. basta kunin mo na ung XUVi..para solb solb.

talo lang ang crosswind sa auto-transmission..bagal daw..pero ganun din naman pagdating sa revo and adv..talo ka pa sa gasolina..

so get the crosswind..pogi pa!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    crosswind ka na kahit yung xtrm tapos lagay ka na lang ng fog lamp, roof rail at choose ka ng spare tire cover but go for the manual

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    xwind kung yung mga factors re your needs ang ikoconsider. Despite all the negative stuff re its exhaust and radiator...make no mistake about it....with proper maintenance,it will outlive the other engines in its class.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I voted for Revo, nothing personal. Just following what I've read thru your posts. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    test drive the crosswind. you might not like the clatter and vibration of the diesel engine relative to a gas engine. i just rode in a Crosswind XTRM for the past two days (in the highways of bacolod) and the din was a bit tiresome on the highway, lumalaban pa sa stereo. the shifter vibrates like an angry seismograph too, as is usual for diesel pickups... can't be good for driver comfort (the A/T is probably much better in this regard, obviously)

pero hindi naman masama yung crosswind, it's just that you might prefer the smoothness of a gas motor. hindi naman masyadong matalbog yung ride ng crosswind at least from the front seat.

kung ok sa iyo yung crosswind, i'd recommend that over the gas revo and adventure if you're also okay with Isuzu service options.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    i'd also go for crosswind.... parang 4 x 4 ang dating due to height and tire size.ok naman cguro for family use, mtipid diesel.
    second is revo and third is adventure..

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Revo. :D

Ok ang service ng Toyota at mababa ang presyo ng parts. Sa tingin ko rin ito nga ang pinaka ok in terms of comfort.

Masama rin ang service ng Mitsubishi..., mas malala nga lang daw ang Inteco...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i voted for revo. mas comfortable ang ride ng revo, mas ok din ang toyota service. sa porma, walang tatalo sa crosswind, pero maganda din yung new VX200 ng revo, especially yung all black na sa ads ng mga newspapers.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    for me adventure, since gagamitin mo only 8 to 10th kms/yr. mas advisable na mag gas ka. pag diesel sulit lang pag malayuan ang byahe. pinaka maganda body. imho

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
HELP! Which AUV to buy??? X-Wind/Revo/Adventure