New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What AUV to buy (A/T)?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isuzu Crosswind XTRM A/T

13 37.14%
  • Toyota Revo 2.0 GSX A/T

12 34.29%
  • Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport A/T

10 28.57%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks for everyone's inputs!!! I finally drove home a new Toyota Revo VX200 leather yesterday.

WOW!!! Wala akong ma-say! It comes with all the bells and whistles... I love it!

I met this great sales agent in Toyota Makati who gave me a super deal, so we opted to get the VX leather over the GSX. And I got the XTREME BLACK!!! So so cool! I can feel all eyes were on the Revo when I was driving it back home...

Thanks again everybody! If you're buying a car anytime soon, it won't hurt to consult with my sales agent. He might be able to get you guys a good deal too. I can PM his name, and contact details if you're interested...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sir,

hinuhuli daw mga walang plate numbers ngayon.. kaya di ko muna labas car namin kasi wala pa din plate haggange ngayon.. sabi sa newspaper last monday eh impound daw nila mga walang plate number at defective plate sa may bandang ortigas ave..
    although wala pa ako nababalitaan na na-impound na bnew car.. galing ako toyota makati po kanina at meron mga hagad near the casa.. buti na lang nag jeep ako from work hehe..

congrats

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats paolorenzo!

Sa dinami dami kong nakikitang bagong sasakyan na walang plates, wala pa naman akong nababalitaang hinuhuli or impound. If I count it right, 2 new vehicles drive around every 10 minutes.

Thanks revoGSX! Meron ka nang bagong disciple... hehehe... Sobra naman mga kotong cops. Meron naman sales invoice, which should be enough, sabi ng agent ko. The conduction permit will arrive any day now. Takot na nga ako magpa-tint front windshield, dahil sa Inquirer article the other day. If only I had money for V-Kool... =)

Tapos ngayon di-ne-demonyo mo nanaman ako for the Ziebart DG... So many wants, so little cash... *sigh*
    Last edited by paolorenzo; December 3rd, 2003 at 08:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by paolorenzo
    Thanks revoGSX! Meron ka nang bagong disciple... hehehe... Sobra naman mga kotong cops. Meron naman sales invoice, which should be enough, sabi ng agent ko. The conduction permit will arrive any day now. Takot na nga ako magpa-tint front windshield, dahil sa Inquirer article the other day. If only I had money for V-Kool... =)

Tapos ngayon di-ne-demonyo mo nanaman ako for the Ziebart DG... So many wants, so little cash... *sigh*
    gusto ko na nga palitan username ko from revogsx to something na di related sa car .. bagong bili ko kasi yung gsx that time at excited lang ako kaya na-create ko tuloy eh revogsx hehe..

yung conduction permit eh good for 1 week lang.. sabi ng agent at ng lto..

color red naman sa amin kaya di naman gaano problem ang minor scratch at swirl marks.. sabi kasi dito sa tsikot eh mahirap i-maintain color black.. unless mali nabasa ko...

ako nga din tempted mag ziebart DG.. tinatamad na ako mag-wax... kaso pag read mo nga discussion dito eh napapadalawang isip ka sa DG kasi nga 6K yung 1st year at 3100php sa 2nd year and above .. wala pa kasi 13th month pay kaya intay muna.. 50/50 pa din kung magpa ziebart DG ako.. dati kasi eh meron sila 25% discount pero ngayon wala na..

try ko siguro dumaan sa bigbert sa araneta ave at sa caltex ni chieffy ..tignan ko kung ano gawa nila dun, baka mas reasonable kung every 6months pa-wax.. hehe...

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I live in the States but when I decided to put an additional vehicle for my household in Davao, I had to turn to the internet to research for the best-value AUV in the Philippines. I guess it wasn't difficult to choose cause there are only three of them. Unlike here sa States when I went to look for SUV replacement, I had to research at least 10 of them and really see what suits me the best.

Anyway, I came across this thread and I thought the members were informative enough of the facts of their vehicles. Initially, I was told by my siblings that Isuzu Crosswind XUVi is a good choice. My Choices were down to two: Crosswind and REVO VX200. I've read so many articles about these two. Reviews from online newspapers, car company specifications, and Auto expert reviews. Both of them, initially, got equal scores for me. I had to find something that will outscore the other so I would be able to choose.

So, before I went to visit Philippines(and finally purchase the vehicle), I asked a very good friend of mine who is also a car aficionado, to test drive these two vehicles. Again, performance-wise, he scores both of them tie. But he has bad-taste over diesel engines. He had history of bad diesel engines that ended up very expensive to fix. I started to think about the maintenance since I've read from this thread that Service Centers for Isuzu is not really that good, while Toyota has been consistenly excellent. So, now I have 60% for REVO,40% Crosswind.

When I arrived, I test drove again these two. After so many years of driving both american and japanese cars, I found crosswind to be too shaky for a brand new vehicle. It has a very irritating vibration I couldn't figure out the source. I was thinking of the engine causing this. Fortunately, I test drove crosswind first because I get to appreciate how much better Toyota REVO VX 200 was. I know its gas, but I'd rather have a vehicle that completely pleases me. So, the rating came down 70 % for REVO and 30% for Isuzu Crosswind.

The night that I have to finally decide, I stumbled again to another thread saying that Crosswinds DO NOT HAVE CRUMPLE ZONE. I said to myself: "how could a vehicle like this that is suppose to carry my entire family and DO NOT HAVE A CRUMPLE ZONE?". I am a safety freak. Its just something that really couldn't be overlooked and is absolutely a must to me. The lack of crumple zone for the Crosswind just nailed it. Some people might find it insignificant, but to me, its the most important feature of a vehicle. I was wrong to assume that crosswind has it. Its like the reliability of a piece of rope of a mountain climber, holding on to it while being dangled on a cliff.

REVO VX 200 finally got my vote for Overall assessment. Crosswind looks nice but REVO VX 200 has the kind of design that fits my personality. I really thought the Crosswind designs were a little bit tacky.

The following day, I went to the Toyota dealership in Davao City and purchased it. I had 30,000 pesos off for just purchasing on a period where there was a promo going on, and gave me additional discount for paying in Cash. The dealership also showed me how advance their service center is and assured me that if there are only regular checks of the vehicle at 5 thousand,10 thousand Km and so forth, they always run at least a 100-point checks for the vehicle for it to go a long way.

I guess my research paid-off. I am very satisfied of the vehicle. Although I'm back in the States now but I was able to drive it everyday for a month when I was still there visiting my family and actually rack up 2,000 km on it!! Quite a lot driving huh??!Had to properly break-in the vehicle too!
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; June 22nd, 2004 at 05:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    walang crumple zone ang crosswind? i think lahat naman ng new cars/auv ngayon ay meron..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cyberdoc95::: Congrats on your new ride, hope you could enjoy driving it in Manila traffic. (kidding!)
    Last edited by Ungas; June 22nd, 2004 at 02:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi Ungas!

I abhor driving in Manila! Even though I grew up in Cebu City longer than Davao City, its a horrifying experience to drive in Manila. I lived in Manila for several months when I took my medical board exam and there was only one time I had to drive because I refused for a friend of mine who was too drunk to drive. That was it. It was bad way back then, about 15 years ago. I could imagine driving in Manila today. Its probably 500% worse. I live in Boston ever since I came over here. I frequent New York City to visit my filipino friends. New York City drivers and traffic are bad but by God, never measure up to manila drivers. The volume of traffic makes it even worse in Manila. Simply unbeleivable!

In my years in the States and my annual visits to the Philippines, never did I ever wish to stop by to see Manila. Its just too complicated. All my flights go directly to Cebu.
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; June 22nd, 2004 at 05:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinahanap-hanap kita manila...

congrats to you sers on your new rides!

ako kaya, kelan ako makakabili ng brand new? :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HELP! Which AUV to buy??? X-Wind/Revo/Adventure