New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What AUV to buy (A/T)?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isuzu Crosswind XTRM A/T

13 37.14%
  • Toyota Revo 2.0 GSX A/T

12 34.29%
  • Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport A/T

10 28.57%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Revo for me.

My 2 cents (unsolicited). I've been in your situation for the last 6 months. The best advise I got from this forum is to FOLLOW YOUR HEART. You've done research, personal interviews, problem evaluation, and other stuff. You are now armed with all these information to make your decision. Regardless of what the survey says, you have to decide based on what you want. Anyway, this will be your own vehicle that you have live with for the next years to come. Picture yourself driving these vehicles. Which of these will you feel happiest with? The decision is solely yours to make.

Go ahead. make your choice. And drive it home to enjoy. Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Adventure for me.....
    so far ok naman service ng mitsu sa diamond motors d2 sa QC.....

as for d engine...MPI 2.0 ( dating makina ng galant ) OK naman sya.....smooth and quite on 3K RPM ....ibirit mo ng 4 to 5 K RPM ...kaya pa rin.....can't say the same with diesel variant though...

gas consumption....of course 2.0 cc engine sya halos pareho lang with REVO and other 2.0 sedan....

pareho mo rin ako....home-office-home ( traffic )... ako lang sakay o kaya kami dalawa misis ko .....kung tipid-mode ako umaabot naman ng 8 to 9 K per liter pero kung aggressive city driving 6 to 7 K per li naman.... highway driving umabot ako ng 10 K per li ( going north )

Mag test drive ka para talaga maramdaman mo ride tsaka engine response..... kung interested ka talaga sa adventure piliin mo Union motors d2 sa paco o kaya Diamond motors sa Quezon ave. na casa

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    crosswind for me. biggest body in its class, and yes you said it, highest ground clearance. you will appreciate it when you need it.

tama sila, with diesels, proper maintenance lang katapat nyan.

4. jondy is offline Tsikot Mindanao Chapter Moderator
    crosswind na! may bgo lumabas na variant! kita ko sa newspaper kanina lang chrome mags bago ang design, 4 na ata ang foglamps may massager pa ang frontseat passenger side, new colors, new sparetire cover, spoiler w/ 3rd brake lamp nd chrome na tailpipe finisher.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    for me,

kung porma... = crosswind (XUVi) or revo VX200
    kung pagtitipid sa gas/diesel = crosswind
    long drive (>60Km) = revo gas
    city drive = crosswind
    baha = revo or crosswind
    sobrang lalim na baha = crosswind or revo diesel
    interior noise = revo gas
    comfort = i think both are the same..
    parts = revo
    maintenance = ??? no idea which is less
    aircon = both are strong

mas maganda eh mag test-drive at dun mo malalaman ang gusto mo na car..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would say go for the Crosswind! I've been driving an XUVi A/T for more than a year, and no regrets at all. Naisubok ko na ito sa baha, hatawan sa city and hiway, okay lang. 'Yong sinasabing mabagal ang acceleration, because its an auto tranny, di ko na ngayon nararamdaman, siguro sanay na ako. The best experience I have is when we went to Baguio, loaded with passengers and mga bagahe, alang kahirap-hirap sa akyatan. I even smoke a grandia, pregio, revo and adv over Marcos Hiway going to baguio up.
    My unit so far has no radiator leak and exhaust pipe problem, I already have 21k on my odo.
    Again follow your heart!
    Mahirap na pag nakabili ka ng di mo talaga gustong auto, and then pag nakatabi mo sa road, maiinggit ka lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sir,

In my opinion the revo would be the better choice.You get toyota reliability and the one of the best support groups in the industry.No offense to Crosswind users pero the height advantage of the XUV also seems to be it's disadvantage. Mataas na kasi ang center of gravity nya kaya medyo may body roll especially at high speeds when making emergency manuevers.Medyo mas malakas din ang vibration at ang engine noise compared to the revo.In the looks department maganda din naman ang revo especially if you go for the VX200. Mag revo ka na lang sir.Hope i was able to help you in your choice.Good Hunting!

Thanks for everybody's reply! I really appreciate it. Unfortunately for Isuzu, I'm slowly tilting towards the Revo. The 2004 Crosswind has been launched in Glorietta, and the XTRM is now priced at P914k, XUV at P975k. In a span of 1 week, the cash price has jumped P60,000. I still have my original quotation with me. Worse, they (Isuzu Pasig) originally placed free 3M tints on the XTRM. Now they're taking it back, saying they'll only be giving away the cheap brand (US-something ang brand).

I really like the Crosswind in terms of exterior looks, plus the height/clearance. However, Revo is really the best interior-wise. Another big plus for the Revo is the 3pt seatbelts on the 2nd row seats. It's still not too late for a Crosswind decision, but at the way things are going (Isuzu jacking up prices quickly), my decision has swung 60-40 in favor of Toyota...

Thanks so much people! Da bes talaga kayong mga Tsikoteers!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember there was a time at a Mitsubishi website where they mistakenly posted "Mug wheels comes with sporty 5 spoke", maybe you'd like to give it a try and test if its good enough for coffee.

Joke joke joke! :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have already tried 2 revos.. 2000 revo diesel and 2003 revo gas.. sad to say eh matindi nga body roll nya sa mga high speed manuevers ... so i think parehas lang sila ng crosswind..

nagtataka lang din ako sa price ng crosswind.. 1million for the top of the line XUVi .. kung meron ako 1million.. baka 4x2 na CRV or 4x2 na RAV4 na lang... and medyo naka-temp din ang ford everest dahil 995K din..

well opinion ko lang po ito..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HELP! Which AUV to buy??? X-Wind/Revo/Adventure