New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    lufet naman ng Fortuner na yun; it could really be a fortune to have that engine mods.

taking note that fortuner has heavier load compared to the lancer....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *uls: I was thinking the same thing...

The Focus TDCi stock is around 16 flat (depends on who's driving), the Lynx RS around 16.5...

In stock form, both those cars hit 100 km/h three or four seconds faster than a stock Fortuner.

A Fort that can do a 15.6 is almost twice as quick as a stock car...

According to the video poster:

So... that's a full intake, intercooler and exhaust build, an aftermarket turbo, alcohol, new injectors and a unichip... with the unichip off? Or maybe he meant the alcohol was off?

Unichip, breathing mods and alcohol should give about 200 whp... turbo... maybe 20, 30, 40 or 50 more... depends on how good it is... and with the four-speed auto, I think the Fort would need about 300-350 bhp to do a 15.6.
    He actually did runs with the alcohol injection on vs of he gained a full 2 plus seconds with it on. That should tell you a little something about the power increase it gives a 4cly common rail turbo diesel. He runs like 4 nozzle though, pre-turbo, pre and post intercooler i believe and one just before the throttle body.

Also the time vs hp calculations dont work well for diesel due to their large amounts of TQ delivered at such a low RPM.

I know it's getting dyno tested some time this month.
    Last edited by dvldoc; June 13th, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi, i am british and i did the runs with and without the alcy on to see what the difference would be, which as stated above was around 2 secs.

The autobox let me down on the change up from 2nd to 3rd as it takes so long, in fact frustratingly long..sigh.

My unichip was unplugged at the time, due to having just replaced my scv and maf sensor with a ecu reset and was checking to make sure the unit was running ok as it had been acting up due to faults on the aforementioned sensors.

Turbo is a hybrid rated to around the 250bhp mark, cant take it much above this on the stock torque convertor and valve bodies, although once i get the final tune sorted and see what the figures are, i will be removing it and getting another turbo once the torque convertor and valve bodies are upgraded, which i am looking into at the moment.

The new turbo, manifold etc is easy as i already know what i need to get to the figures i want.

On a final note, i just has to go through my registration renewal and when i went for the emmisions test the dude keep testing and testing it, reving it higher and higher.
    I watched him shaking his head and go back to check his equipment twice and he kept on testing, the 0.3 figure on the test result was the worse he could get, which according to the max allowable on the diesel engine is a 3.0, so i understand now why he kept at it.

In fairness to the lancer, its a great car with a great owner, met him many times at speedlab and his problem was his cvt gbox, it just would not let him get of the line, but i am sure they will work something out for him sometime soon.

I did manage to take on a genesis v6 and a merc amg which i guess is down to a wet track and me having 4wd, but i did get spanked hard by some of the other cars running on the day, but its all good fun, which is why we were doing runs with passengers and carrying too much junk in the rear.

Hopefully by 7th aug which is the next clark drag run, i will be fully dynoed and ready for some more fun but with less junk in the rear etc, just waiting for my afr gauge to arrive so as to get the tuning done easier and get the sweet spots sorted out.

On closing, just to let you know that there will be a 2.7 gas fort being sc in the very near future and i am sure the owner will be wanting to run it hard against some other units.

Cheers

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just a small update, was on the dyno recently to get some runs in to see what is what with my unit, not using the unichip but another one and although the test was done in top gear which made the readings out after doing the calcs, i was making 250hp without the alcy and 285hp with it on.

Will be trying to get another diagnostic run soon, with the thermocouples hooked up to monitor the temps etc so i can see it on the plot graph.

I should point out that at the time also, was only running the alcy pump at the preset 200psi, i have since turned it up to the 250psi mark now and might try going up a size on one of my nozzles.

Cheers

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hey, dude... I think we met a few months ago at Speedlab. (I was the owner of the red Lynx).... I remember you telling me about replacing the turbo, injectors and etcetera.

Ever think about having your converter converted to a high stall unit? Though there aren't many places that can do it... and I recall the owner of the 3 didn't have good luck with Lentech.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yes pare, we have met at speedlab, you are the owner of the red ford lynx.

I am making enquires already on the torque convertor and valve bodies upgrades to allow more power to be released as i am already on the limit of the stock ones.

Cheers

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by obrut renut View Post
    Yes pare, we have met at speedlab, you are the owner of the red ford lynx.

I am making enquires already on the torque convertor and valve bodies upgrades to allow more power to be released as i am already on the limit of the stock ones.

Cheers
    Looking forward to seeing what that monster can do next time. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fortuner vs Turbo Lancer EX