New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [quote=numbah5;1210479]For me, go for the 4x4. Hindi sa biased ang statement ko (our fortuner is 2008 4x4 D-4D na upgraded version, nabenta na yung 2005 2.5 D-4D 4x2 namin), pero madaming benefits of owning the 4x4 variant.

1. Malakas humatak (sabi nga ng isang motoring columnist ng The Philippine Star, the 3.0 D-4D engine really flies due to the huge amount of low-end torque)

2. The 4x4 system is full-time, meaning it's always on 4x4 mode, may transfer case shifter siya to set it on high or low mode. And you'll never know, baka kailanganin mo rin ang 4x4 in some circumstances. And when the road is wet, you'll have more traction due to the full time 4x4.

Parang Subaru Forester pala ang 4x4 na Fortuner na AWD kasi always siya naka-4x4 mode?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    considering that the Fortuner 3.0V is in full-time 4x4 mode, its FC figure is impressive (for me), close to its competitors' FCs (with 3.0L or 3.2L engines as well) which are engaged in 4x2 modes.

it was also my dilemma which one would i request. but i opted to have the 4x2 gas since it's cheaper to maintain (i was still a student back then). its FC is not bad since i can get 11km/L on pure highway (puro highway kc samin, and i'm not exceeding 80km/h at 2000rpm). kaso pag rush hour, 8.5km/L ang average (this is when jeepneys stop in the middle of the highway, and slow moving vehicles are in front of you). smooth naman when climbing on elevated roads. considering its size, matipid ang Fortuner 4x2 gas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    3.0 d4d!!!! Rocks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    considering that the Fortuner 3.0V is in full-time 4x4 mode, its FC figure is impressive (for me), close to its competitors' FCs (with 3.0L or 3.2L engines as well) which are engaged in 4x2 modes.

it was also my dilemma which one would i request. but i opted to have the 4x2 gas since it's cheaper to maintain (i was still a student back then). its FC is not bad since i can get 11km/L on pure highway (puro highway kc samin, and i'm not exceeding 80km/h at 2000rpm). kaso pag rush hour, 8.5km/L ang average (this is when jeepneys stop in the middle of the highway, and slow moving vehicles are in front of you). smooth naman when climbing on elevated roads. considering its size, matipid ang Fortuner 4x2 gas.
    -----------------------------

Any idea on the fuel consumption of the Fortuner 4x2 na Gas sa Metro Manila stop-and-go traffic? Ok rin yung Fort 4x4 pero nga yung 300K difference in price with the Gas Variant medyo mabigat, considering na yung interiors ng 4X4 and gas versions ay pareho lang. In terms of bumpiness and ride quality, mas ok ba yung ride quality ng gas version compared to the 4x4 version? i assume na mas mabigat yung 4x4 version because of the additional front axle and grears.

Sabi ng friend ko na may Isuzu Trooper, mas expensive daw yung maintenance ng CRDi engine compared to gasoline engine, kaya yung recomendation niya ay yung Fortuner na Gas instead of the 4x4 na CRDi. Forte ng Toyota daw kasi yung gas engine. Is it really more expensive to maintain the 4x4 Fort than the 4x2 Fort na Gas?

Sa choices lang, medyo mahirap nga kasi dumating yung Mitsu MS na 4x2, which is priced at php1.3M (introductory). Mapapa-isip ka rin kasi at php1.3M, you have a 7-seater diesel powered mid-size SUV na maganda rin ang porma. Then when you compare the gas version ng Fort with the 4x4 version ng Mitsu MS, mapapa-isip ka rin na magdagdag ka na lang ng around 230K, meron ka ng 4x4 na Mitsu MS.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post

---------------------------------------------

Hi, any idea on the fuel consumption of the 4x2 Fort na gas version when driven sa Metro Manila stop-and-go traffic?

Is there a difference in the ride quality of the 4x2 gas version with the 4x4 version? Normally kasi mas bumpy yung 4x4 version ng the same vehicle?

Is it really more expensive to maintain the 4x4 version compared to the gas version because the 4x4 version is CRDi diesel?

If it is true that Toyota's 2.5 CRDi engine encounters choking and hard-start problems, are the same problems present in the 3.0 CRdi engine?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you want the 4x2 (or even 4x4), you're better off with the MS.

as for the Toyota D-4D diesel choking problems, see this thread of D-4D complaints

MS has the better ride among ladder-framed trucks.

However, for the best ride, nothing beats the Santa Fe CRDI VGT 2.2L (4x2 or 4x4) with its monocoque body in this price range. However, you might wanna wait for its updated version 6-speed AT 2.2L ~220hp/440Nm coming out this year. The current model is 5-speed AT 2.2L 153hp/335Nm. For cars this big, power means a lot. Some people aren't so confident with Korean cars though but so far, there is no problem with the SF 2007 selling here since mid-2006. There were some notable like the headlight fog after rain/carwash issue which is really minor at best. Some even bought the bigger Hyundai Veracruz 3.0L 240hp/500Nm(?) but that's worth two SFs (but twice the comfort and luxury) both cars come with manufacturer stock Leather interior.

Good luck
    Last edited by Horsepower; April 23rd, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If you want the 4x2 (or even 4x4), you're better off with the MS.

as for the Toyota D-4D diesel choking problems, see this thread of D-4D complaints

MS has the better ride among ladder-framed trucks.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck
    -----------------------------------------

Ganun ba? Malayo ba talaga yung ride quality ng Mitsu MS compared to the Fortuner? I thought the ride quality of the Fortuner has improved with the recent introduction of the updated/facelifted version?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i go for the 3.0 4x4 d4d fort. una kong reason sa ngayon, dahil ang laki ng price difference ng diesel at gasoline. another is you will have 4x4 na bagay na bagay sa mga suv's.

pero kung papasok sa choices mo ang MS, go for MS, 3.2 Di-d, 4x4!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    auto, i-test drive mo isa-isa. Make sure na mag-sama ka ng companion, preferably someone who doesn't know anything about these cars para objective ang comparison.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    auto, i-test drive mo isa-isa. Make sure na mag-sama ka ng companion, preferably someone who doesn't know anything about these cars para objective ang comparison.

One concern about the Fort is that the current generation might be due for a replacment since it was first introduced way back in 2005 (4 years na ngayon since it was first introduced). Although meron siyang update/facelift late last year, the general appearance remains the same. With the onslaught of the Mitsu MS, which is selling like there is no tomorrow, Toyota might release a new/next generation Fortuner next year to maintain its lead in the med-SUV market. Sayang naman if bumili then after a few months or after 1 year lang meron ng next/new generation of the same vehicle. Meron bang info as to when the new/next generation Fortuner will be unleashed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Fortuner Gas 2.7 or Diesel 3.0 4x4 D4D?