New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    which is better? fortuner 2.5 diesel or 2.7 gas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2.7 vvt-i (gas) no contest. Much more power. No sludge problems. And it's also cheaper. Advantage lang ng 2.5 d4d (diesel) is in the mileage department.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    how much fuel consumption ng 2.7li engine nito? if i remember it correctly it's almost similar to the 2.4li engine used by previa or RAV4?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i agree. 2.7vvti best choice sa dalawa. even sa 3.0D4D, mas ok pa din 2.7vvti in terms of investment, coz you automatically get 300k worth of gasoline

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    how much fuel consumption ng 2.7li engine nito? if i remember it correctly it's almost similar to the 2.4li engine used by previa or RAV4?
    2.7 vvti can do 5-6 km/l in traffic.

The 2.4li on the new Rav4 is a different engine with better fuel mileage. According to tests, it can do 10 km/li.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2.5 gives better mileage, but it's sluggish. The 2.7's mileage is liveable, and it's quick.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yup you can never go wrong with the vvti -> toyota's "flagship". buy a car accdg. to manufacturer's strengths. diesel and Toyota -> medyo infant stage pa.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gas engines are generally cheaper to maintain than their diesel counterparts. You are right sir picking the fort than the rav4 or crv. It's a class higher and can seat 7.[emoji4]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Gas engines are generally cheaper to maintain than their diesel counterparts. You are right sir picking the fort than the rav4 or crv. It's a class higher and can seat 7.[emoji4]
    I don't agree that pickup based SUVs are a class higher than CUVs. The interior build quality of a Fortuner/Montero is nowhere as good as that of a Forester/CX5. Driving dynamics, ride comfort and handling are also incomparable. While pickup based SUVs have more horsepower, CUVs aren't outclassed when it comes to acceleration because they're lighter (don't get me started on the FXT), and have much better braking.

They cater to different buyers' preferences. But personally I think that someone driving an FXT is way classier than a guy driving a TOTL Fortuner, Montero, or Trailblazer.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have a 9 yr old Fort 2.7 vvti since new. Since its a low mileage vehicle, to this day the only maintenance it needs is the annual oil change (fully synth + fleetguard filter). There is no need to replace the stock spark plugs too frequently.

I also only use Petron Blaze 100 bec. of my distaste for ethanol and as well I get better response from the engine vs. using watered down gasoline (ethanol).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
fortuner 2.5 D4d or 2.7vvti