New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I'm taking my Hilux to Coron Palawan. There's no Toyota dealer out there so when I go, I want to bring a bunch of extra parts.

Besides oil and fuel filters, what else should I bring?

Maybe a bunch of fuses too. What else?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Consumables like fuel, oil, air filters-pls refer to your user manuel for this. They say the hilux is indestructible so i think you shouldn't worry abt major parts breaking.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What model Hilux? You're leaving the vehicle there? Before sending it, have a general service done already (change all fluids, belts, tensioners, water pump, radiator cap, etc).May as well rustproof and undercoat it before taking it there too. Mostly consumables (filters, brake pads, belts). For major parts you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    bring rope.bring extra money.bring air compressor.bring extra apare tire,& water

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I'll be moving there to live there. Not just a short trip. There's not a Toyota Dealer there so I'm on my own. My truck is still new. Less than 1,000 kms. It's a 2015. The last of the 7th Gen Hiluxes.

Is there a place to order genuine Toyota parts online for shipping?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'll be moving there to live there. Not just a short trip. There's not a Toyota Dealer there so I'm on my own. My truck is still new. Less than 1,000 kms. It's a 2015. The last of the 7th Gen Hiluxes.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Don't worry too much. Coron is not too far from Puerto Princesa by ferry if your pms time is up

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renan205 View Post

My main concern there will be fuel quality and corrosion (if you're near the sea). Given your truck is new, just bring the service consumables good for a year then resupply yearly (bili ka ng maraming Baldwin BT223 oil filter) and perhaps an extra set of brake pads, headlight bulbs, etc. Better to give the Toyota supplies (toyorama, celica, etc.) a call also to see if they can handle orders for shipment later on (when the time comes).

Quote Originally Posted by renan205 View Post

My main concern there will be fuel quality and corrosion (if you're near the sea). Given your truck is new, just bring the service consumables good for a year then resupply yearly (bili ka ng maraming Baldwin BT223 oil filter) and perhaps an extra set of brake pads, headlight bulbs, etc. Better to give the Toyota supplies (toyorama, celica, etc.) a call also to see if they can handle orders for shipment later on (when the time comes).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I've been reading a bunch of Hilux forums. Everyone recommends changing the fuel filter at twice the Toyota specified frequency. I plan on doing that.

Who is Toyotarama? Online store?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^
    Toyorama = store that sells OEM Toyota parts in Banawe QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks. I just saw the Toyota parts thread. It looks like Partstar is the one closest to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast