New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mga sir patulong naman sa toyota liteace,5k makina,medyo nalalakasan pa kasi ako sa fuel consumption,i want to replace it with a diesel engine.ano kaya pwedeng ilagay na makina?will it fit ba with the transmission na 5k?or buy ako engine with transmission?madali bang isalpak or there will be major modifications?baka madami ding aayusin pa when placing the engine.mas makakatipid ba ako sa consumption shifting from gasoline to diesel?i dont need much power all i need is a lesser consumption.thanks...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I think kasya yung 2C-T (2L Turbo Diesel) dyan na galing sa Lite Ace na JDM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bro my liteace also was converted from 5k to 3c-turbo(this is the engine used by the previa.) I also installed an intercooler for added power. My average FC using Flying-V diesel is 1:12.6km. And also you need to buy the transmission for it or if you're planning to use your 5k transmission you should change the bell housing. good luck sa project mo bro.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    malaki masyado risk. aabot ka din ng 30-50k sa gastos sir. kung FC lang naman ang problema pwede nyo na po siguro tyagain yan. laki din kasi magagstos. kung palitin na ung 5k ninyo cguro mas sulit

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    IMHO if you plan to keep the van go what ever your hearts desire, but in my experience changing the engine then sell it afterwards post a lot of questions from buyers end ending it to sell it at a lower price and sometimes having hard time looking for the parts.. may i suggest using two kinds of gas savers one is the kind you install before the air filter (gives you 10 to 15% gas mileage) and the other is the lest expensive copy of the famous world renowned gas saver (another 15 to 25% gas mileage) you can easily buy them in bangkal makati... you can keep the extra money you save from changing the engine for future maintenance...fyi lang papers must be updated on pnp tmg and lto for change engine..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_01 View Post
    IMHO if you plan to keep the van go what ever your hearts desire, but in my experience changing the engine then sell it afterwards post a lot of questions from buyers end ending it to sell it at a lower price and sometimes having hard time looking for the parts.. may i suggest using two kinds of gas savers one is the kind you install before the air filter (gives you 10 to 15% gas mileage) and the other is the lest expensive copy of the famous world renowned gas saver (another 15 to 25% gas mileage) you can easily buy them in bangkal makati... you can keep the extra money you save from changing the engine for future maintenance...fyi lang papers must be updated on pnp tmg and lto for change engine..
    The so called "gas-savers" does more harm than good, plus the only gas saving device that we can call of is the driving habit of the driver itself.

diesel engine for lite ace?