New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    yung neighbor ko na-carnap white fortuner V just last week. parked somewhere in qc, tapos pagbalik wala na daw yung car.

in this case, paano nila nagawa yun? aren't fortuners (especially the high end variants like the V), supposed to be equipped with smart keys/immobilizers?

kaya na ba ng carnappers na mag hotwire ng mga bagong kotse?

i used to think that cars equipped with immobilizers can't be stolen unless tutukan ka ng baril ng carnapper.
    Wala nang imposible ngayon, kaya nga hanapbuhay na nila yan. Hindi yan magiging rampant kung wala sila nananakaw..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGirl View Post
    Hi All, I got my black fortuner finally and love it. Now Im paranoid. Some friends and relatives are saying that these are favorites among carjackers. So I did some research and saw these instances of carnapped forts.

ZFV-397 - black. stolen in muntinlupa. used in carnap operation
    RFW-989 - stolen in pampanga aug 2010. recovered
    NYO 445 - stolen in valenzuela: recovered
    YDC-961 - black. recovered in talisay city
    MUC-88 - recovered
    from Chavit's daughter - recovered
    from Mendoza's daughter - recovered

Are carnapping of Fortuners still rampant nowadays? Do Insurance companies help in recovering vehicles? Any tips aside from the usual ones? (park safe/don't mind flyers/always look at surrounding before leaving, entering the car)

Just need some info for my peace of mind. I love this car already. Thanks.
    one reason why you should have bought a korean car instead ... - Santa Fe or Sorento.

May mentality pa rin ang carnappers that such cars are suckish and hard to maintain thus making it hard to dispose for them. heheheh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    one reason why you should have bought a korean car instead ... - Santa Fe or Sorento.

May mentality pa rin ang carnappers that such cars are suckish and hard to maintain thus making it hard to dispose for them. heheheh
    Namimili pa pala ang mga ungas na yan? i think basta brand new or modelo na sasakyan prone yan..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Of course namimili mga carnappers the name of the game is liquidity... In other words ease of the car to be sold, not necessarily high resale value, basta mabilis mabenta so Fortuner is a prime candidate...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

I have a friend who is a Hyundai Fan of sort. His 1st Hyundai, a Starex, was carnapped in El Pueblo in Pasig. His 2nd Hyundai, another Starex, was also stolen in front of his house in Marikina. His 3rd Hyundai, a Sta Fe, drowned during typhoon Ondoy...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I have a friend who is a Hyundai Fan of sort. His 1st Hyundai, a Starex, was carnapped in El Pueblo in Pasig. His 2nd Hyundai, another Starex, was also stolen in front of his house in Marikina. His 3rd Hyundai, a Sta Fe, drowned during typhoon Ondoy...
    poor guy.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Poor guy. Malas niya naman sa Hyundai ... time to consider a Mazda ?

Starex, yan yung malakas sa Hyundai since before. Kaya siguro siya mas prone siya sa carnapping. But Sorento & Sta. Fe ? Di pa siguro.

Yung iX, nagsisimula pa lang. May nacarnap na isa dito. Sana di matuloy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sagot naman ng insurance kung na carnap kaya ok lang yan

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Still... Its not as if the insurance will pay you immediately. It takes many months and until such a time the police can finally declare it un-recoverable would the insurance be settling with you... And if you're not a very moneyed guy, then losing that vehicle would mean public transport for you until such a time the insurance pays you and as I said it takes months. Paminsan 6 months even longer...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Still... Its not as if the insurance will pay you immediately. It takes many months and until such a time the police can finally declare it un-recoverable would the insurance be settling with you... And if you're not a very moneyed guy, then losing that vehicle would mean public transport for you until such a time the insurance pays you and as I said it takes months. Paminsan 6 months even longer...
    how much will the insurance pay you? the entire amount of the car when you first bought it, even if its kinda old na? or nagdedepreciate ung value?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Carnapped Fortuners